Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player For Opera and Chromium - PPAPI

Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An application requires Adobe Flash Player 24 or Above For Opera and Chromium - PPAPI.  The vendor note specifically tells me:

"To view the interactive tutorials available within the Applied Epic 2017 Help file, install Adobe Flash Player 24 or Above For Opera and Chromium - PPAPI.  Note: Even if the station is not using the Opera or Chromium web browser, Epic help file tutorials require this Opera and Chromium Flash Player version to be installed."

I applied for a license and downloaded, "install_flash_player_28_ppapi.msi", so that I would be able to install this application silently via automated process.  I went ahead and installed the msi application on all workstations, but the vendor's application didn't work correctly.  The "fix" was to download the .exe and install it manually.

Can you tell me if there is a functional difference between the .msi and .exe installers?  Do I need to use a certain command line switch to make the flashplayer behave the same after installing via the .msi as it does after installing the .exe?

Thank you,

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dennist42537897​,

There is no functional difference between .msi and .exe installers. Did you restart the browser after installing the latest .msi build? Can you explicitly state what do you mean by "vendor's application didn't work correctly". Could you post a screenshot of the issue.

There are no flags/switch required at install time for .msi to behave like .exe. The only Flag you can add is to select the update option while installing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
...so that I would be able to install this application silently via automated process.  I went ahead and installed the msi application on all workstations, but the vendor's application didn't work correctly.
  • What is your deployment method? (SCCM, GPO, etc)
  • What permissions do the user's on the client system have (standard, admin)?

We can attempt to troubleshoot why this happened with the MSI installer, however, we'll need to obtain a MSI log file with the options v+x (verbose + additional logging) enabled and the corresponding FlashInstall log file for the same installation attempt.  Unless you generated this MSI log file during the installation process, this will require you to repeat the process to obtain the MSI log file and corresponding FlashInstall log files.  The FlashInstall log files are saved at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log

Upload all files (verbose MSI & FlashInstall) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account log-in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines