• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Windows 2000 using Firefox

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 2000 and using Firefox. I do not know what firefox version I am using. I downloaded Flash Player but when I try opening the file a message appears "The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2000 is not supported, officially reaching the end of it's life in June 2010.

We would recommend that you upgrade to an actively supported version of the Windows operating system.

The minimum system requirements for Flash Player can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/in/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

As a short-term fix, you may be able to run a version of Flash Player 10.3 from the Archives page, which is currently supported with security updates; however, your operating system remains vulnerable as it is no longer maintained from a security perspective.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this topic: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4443598#4443598

You will need a hex editor and modify the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

See this topic: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4443598#4443598

You will need a hex editor and modify the installer.

Thank you Pat Willener, the aritcle was actually really helpful. But when I tried to install Flash Player a new message appear, "The exception unknown software exception(0xc0000417) occured in the applicatin at location 0x00412c90." Apparently Firefox has Real Player installed but I already uninstalled it and took the plugs in or add ons off. Still message appears. I give it up. I'm taking my computer to a tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you wanting to use Windows 2000 inside of a VirtualBox, or on an older antique computer the best quality is the following:

1.  Windows 2000, (I am using Professional), update to SP 4, the last official SP release, and the 4 update, ERPMAN’s Page is good to get thes.

2.  Install Firefox 12.0.  Firefox will not update, this is the correct final for Windows 2000.

3. Install Adobe Flashplayer 11.1.102.55, archived.

Go to Star Trek Home Page and watch an old episode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware that when running old versions of the browser and Flash Player, you're missing hundreds (at least) of fixes for security vulnerabilities compared to current product versions, and that fixes can be reverse-engineered and exploited by attackers targeting unpatched software.

Running outdated versions of software that's tasked with processing untrusted content is generally a bad idea.  We strongly recommend that people run modern operating system versions with current browser and Flash Player versions, and that they enable automatic updates.

We have a lot of technology nostalgia around here too, but we'd recommend keeping them air-gapped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines