• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player frame size not zooming

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many flash games I play, I have the game showing as small with a gray bar on the right and bottom. I have had this problem for ages and have done searches and tried a variety of things but nothing so far has worked. Enlarging the rest of the screen only makes the gray bar on the right and bottom bigger. Not the actual game size. Minimizing the screen size will shrink the gray down to nothing.

Things I have tried:

Control + works to enlarge the rest of the screen but not the game frame.

Control and mouse wheel does the same.

I have a screen + button on my keyboard that also will enlarge the rest of the screen but not the game.

Control 0 resets the rest of the page and the game frame remains the same size.

I have uninstalled the flash player and deleted its folder. When reinstalled it is the same.

I have used Firefox and Chrome and both have the same problem. (I really hate Internet Explorer)

Resetting all of Firefoxes settings does nothing to solve the problem.

Removing or disabling all add-ons for Firefox or Chrome does not fix the issue.

I reinstalled windows at one point due to a separate problem but that also did not fix this issue with flash player size.

Enabling hardware acceleration.

Disabling hardware acceleration.

I am not willing to change my resolution.

I am not willing to change to using Internet Explorer which I have nothing but problems with.

Anyone know how to fix flash player so games are not tiny? Standard zooming techniques should work and do in some cases but most games have this issue of the game being unzoomable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What game specifically has this problem or is it all games?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my kids play on www.friv.com and their are 100's of games on there! All of theme have the same prob.

My issue is that my son (who is 4) will accidently shrink the frame size of the game and I cannot get it to reset or zoom! Crt + and Crt + 0 do not work. I use Chrome, and if I go to settings and use the zoom there, it will zoom - however it will not be centered anymore and then it's pointless!

Ususally, though if we close the browser and reopen it - the issue resolves itself. (going back and then going into the game doesn't always work). However, most times - he cannot save the game he is playing.

Please help!

Thanks, I have been looking a workaround for this for quite sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some old flash games too this error! I'm a webmaster, my site can't zoom it when users fullscreen mode. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problems you're describing are in the content.  Flash Player itself is just a language runtime.  Developers write software in ActionScript, compile it to bytecode, and we interpret it and do all the low-level stuff like allocating memory and drawing pixels to the screen.

While Flash Player has a Full Screen feature, developers have to write their content to take advantage of that.  Flash has been around since VGA displays (320x240) were the common format, and there's a lot of content that was written that pre-dates full-screen functionality in Flash.  Nobody in 2001 thought about the possibility of having a 4K display.

Our options for "fixing" stuff like this have to work on every possible piece of content and computer in the ecosystem.  What we generally do -- since that's an absolutely unworkable problem -- is to introduce new functionality, which content then actually has to take advantage of.  If the content provider invested in maintaining their stuff, it would be pretty trivial to fix that.  Trying to push out new behavior that modifies the hundreds of millions of existing SWFs across the ~2.5 billion machines that have Flash Player installed, without breaking other legitimate content is a much, much more difficult problem.

In short, the content provider is in the best position to fix problems with their content.  Short of that, you can try and employ workarounds, which you listed in the list of things you didn't want to do, above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines