• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Full Download??

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent some time hunting down links to download the offline installer. What is this idiotic screen asking people to download the targeted versions or sign up to be a developer??

HELLO!! Some of us do Enterprise work / VAR / support 3rd party web browsers and etc. and etc.

We NEED the full download versions!

Where are you hiding them??

OH! ..and forward this to your web-devs: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html#support-anchor contains secure and insecure content which creates security leaks. You should already know better!! Also, ABP is detecting no less than 5 attempts to hack in adware on your page. I suggest you get your sh.. together and reformat the page and code it properly!

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html#support-anchor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hostile and abusive comments will not be tolerated on these forums.

What is this idiotic screen asking people to download the targeted versions or sign up to be a developer??

Not sure what you mean by this as there is no need to sign up to be a developer to download the full installers.  What is the link to the page you are referring to?

Where are you hiding them??

They're not hidden. 

Offline Flash Player installers have ALWAYS been available for download on the following 2 pages:

Archives of previous versions have ALWAYS been posted at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All links to offline installers have been removed from all of the standard download pages, which is really irritating.

Doing an internet site: search, this is the only page listed which is relevant: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution.html

..which pushed irritation straight up in to annoyed. THAT takes us to a page to APPLY in order to DISTRIBUTE Flash Player. Are you freaking kidding me?? If you don't like irritated and annoyed technicians and VARs commenting in your forum, then perhaps you should tell your web-dev people to put the links BACK where they've been for the last 20 years or so!!

maria__  wrote

Offline Flash Player installers have ALWAYS been available for download on the following 2 pages:

Found that on my own, I'm looking for the FULL version installers. The one that detects all three types and installs as necessary.

Looky here, more nonsense:

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/​
Alternately produces a blank page, 'not allowed' or 413: Header length too large

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Contains a link to grab different versions, which get3... does not contain the OEM link. Occasionally produces 413: Header length too large

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Doesn't contain EITHER the OEM link or the other one.

..and as I mentioned previously the link to the current, offline, full version installers is missing off of ALL OF THEM!

maria__  wrote

Archives of previous versions have ALWAYS been posted at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

First off, I specified CURRENT version. Second off, do you know how old that page is?? The 'current' link produced an error. It lists version

OMG.. I just got a red flashing 'INSECURE' warning when I went to the standard download page. It might be too late to warn your web-devs, you may be getting hacked as we speak.

..you know what, forget it. I don't need the current version. My customers and clients don't need the current version. Just announce when you guys have got your sh.. together and get your website cleaned up. m'kay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for your frustration.

If a customer is distributing Flash Player within their organization they need to obtain a distribution license, which is free for the vast majority of use cases.  This has been a requirement for many years.  The links used to be available, on the honor system, assuming enterprise customers would obtain the required distribution license.  Unfortunately, many egregiously abused the system and did not obtain the distribution license.  As such, several years ago, Adobe moved the links behind a page requiring enterprise customers to login with an Adobe ID having access to a current / valid distribution license.  This is not new behaviour.

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/

Alternately produces a blank page, 'not allowed' or 413: Header length too large

This is not a valid URL.  It is incomplete.

Contains a link to grab different versions, which get3... does not contain the OEM link. Occasionally produces 413: Header length too large

This page has always contained the online shim installers.  It's never contained the full offline installers.  The 413 error is due to too many adobe.com cookies on the client system.

Again, this page has NEVER had the full offline links.  It contains the same shim installers as the https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer page.  The difference is that it allows the end-user to select the OS and Flash Player plugin type they want, whereas https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer page auto-detects the OS and browser and offers the plugin for that OS and browser.

maria__  wrote

Found that on my own, I'm looking for the FULL version installers. The one that detects all three types and installs as necessary.

I don't know what you mean by "The one that detects all three types and installs as necessary".  There is no installer that detects "all three types and installs as necessary".  The closest thing is the Background Update service, but this doesn't detect all three types at the same time.  It runs once per our and updates the plugins on the system as necessary, once per hour, but not all at once.  Is this what you are looking for?

I posted the link to the archive versions for information only, in case you needed them at some point in the future.

OMG.. I just got a red flashing 'INSECURE' warning when I went to the standard download page. It might be too late to warn your web-devs, you may be getting hacked as we speak.

I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour.  The standard download page (get3.adobe.com/flashplayer) has proper, valid digital cert resulting in every browser displaying the lock icon.  Please post a screenshot of the behaviour you are observing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI, I'm back looking for the CURRENT offline installer again.
Still haven't updated from last time. Good job keeping everybody secure and up to date, Can't imagine how many other offline machines around the planet do NOT get updated.

You are presuming that every computer on the planet has a broadband internet connection. What the heck is wrong with you?? (Colloquial you, whoever the idiot is that made the decision.) I live in Colorado, on the upper plains. There are places out here and in the mountains that don't even have TELEPHONE access, let alone internet or even cell phone access!! Imagine what you're doing to developing countries, where the entire region is depending on one crappy satellite up-link, or even dail-up!

maria__  wrote

...several years ago, Adobe moved the links behind a page requiring enterprise customers to login with an Adobe ID having access to a current / valid distribution license.  This is not new behaviour.

What do you think I am, a complete idiot?? I've got a copy of the version 31 Stand-alone installer on my computer. I downloaded the current version just a few months ago after I installed the OS on this computer! I ALWAYS maintain the offline installers on my machines,in case the hard drive or the network card crashes or..? and I have the capability to do a fresh offline install. This IS DEFINITELY new behavior! 9/11/18, I downloaded the current offline.. stand-alone.. installer.

maria__  wrote

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/

This is not a valid URL.  It is incomplete.

That URL is linked from one of YOUR pages. Perhaps you should task your web devs with cleaning up your train wreck of a website, instead of reinventing the wheel blocking access to free downloads!!

maria__  wrote

This page has always contained the online shim installers.  It's never contained the full offline installers.  The 413 error is due to too many adobe.com cookies on the client system.

Want to bet on that princess? I've been doing this for nearly 40 years. The offline installers were linked on that page up until a few years ago. About the time you guys started bundling third party software and shoving it down people's throats, they figured out that people were just downloading the offline installers to avoid the PUPs. SO... they pulled the links to the current offline installers.

Care to explain WHY your site is installing too many cookies and choking people's browsers? I have Cookie Exterminator installed, so it automatically kills extraneous cookies.. standard and global.

+1 point for being able to define one of my problems. Well done! That's levels better than a 0 / 10

maria__  wrote

Again, this page has NEVER had the full offline links.  It contains the same shim installers as the https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer page.  The difference is that it allows the end-user to select the OS and Flash Player plugin type they want, whereas https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer page auto-detects the OS and browser and offers the plugin for that OS and browser.

You REALLY should stop making statements like that when you don't even know what you're talking about. When they pulled the offline links off of the main download page, they put a check-mark on that page to download the full installers instead of the stubs.

maria__  wrote

maria__   wrote

I don't know what you mean by "The one that detects all three types and installs as necessary".  There is no installer that detects "all three types and installs as necessary".  The closest thing is the Background Update service, but this doesn't detect all three types at the same time.  It runs once per our and updates the plugins on the system as necessary, once per hour, but not all at once.  Is this what you are looking for?

Oh for Pete's sake.. Fine. A short history lesson. The reason the source code is currently 425mb is because it is inherently flawed. There is no way to make it unhackable, so every couple of weeks they pile a patch on top of the previous 672 patches and make one giant MESS of code out of something that would probably take less than 1 kilobyte in machine language.

Once upon a time some idiot thought that it would be more constructive to split out the various browsers to make it harder for one hacker to hack all of them. They used browser extension efficiency as an excuse for splitting it out. In the real world, this confused the living crap out of people and made a right royal mess, SO, today we have to auto-detect which browsers people are using... or download an offline installer that installs all three versions.. NPAPI, PPAPI, and Active-X.

In the end, it didn't help anything, but it did succeed in multiplying the size of the code base. Why the concept was never scrapped is beyond me.

I want the FULL installer that detects all three types, installs as necessary, in a computer which doesn't have internet access. If you ask why I would need Flash on computers without internet access, I will think even less of your level of expertise than I already do, so kindly don't go there. ..you know what, I'll just head it off at the pass. I have offline flash applications and games for my kids computers, and an offline file sharing device with funny cartoon skits and etc. It's not THE internet, but it keeps them preoccupied. Actually, it's probably a good thing that it's not THE internet, considering some of the disgusting content that you can find on YouTube and etc. these days.

maria__  wrote

I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour.  The standard download page (get3.adobe.com/flashplayer) has proper, valid digital cert resulting in every browser displaying the lock icon.  Please post a screenshot of the behaviour you are observing.

The page isn't even publicly accessible anymore. Now I get a 403 error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /flashplayer on this server.

Finally, if for no other reason, I'm pretty sure that U.S. CERT -REQUIRES- you to keep offline security patches available to the general public in order to qualify as having 'fixed' the issue at all. I'm pretty sure that the definition of 'general public' is NOT limited to end users with broadband access, and no FOOL in his right mind would expect a 425 MB download to succeed more than one time in a thousand on a satellite link or dial-up!

EDIT: Mostly edited out the inferred cussing. Rest assured that there is plenty of cussing going on behind the scenes though. Repeatable problem. Unsolved. This is the sort of thing kills companies that get too big for their britches. HTML5 is poised to kill off Flash anyway, WHAT are you people thinking??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..kindly scratch off the word 'stand-alone' and fill in 'offline' above. I forgot that the .swf player was referred to as the stand-alone player these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not replying to every single point here, including the erroneous assumptions, as most have been replied to in a previous comment.

I want the FULL installer that detects all three types, installs as necessary, in a computer which doesn't have internet access.

A single installer for all player types does not exist. You're welcome to file an enhancement request at https://tracker.adobe.com

The standard Flash Player release cadence is Patch Tuesday (2nd Tuesday of the month).  You're welcome to manually check for an update on that day.  Alternatively, you can register to receive a notification when a new security bulletin is posted.  See Adobe Security Bulletins and Advisories for more information.

As mentioned previously, the offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section:

Still having problems?

If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maria__  wrote

A single installer for all player types does not exist.

Since.. WHEN??

The archived versions all have the full installer??

What's that I hear? Crickets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A single installer that installs all 3 versions of Flash Player has never existed.

The archive contains full installers, one each for ActiveX, NPAPI, and PPAPI - 3 individual installers, not one for all three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines