Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Full screen dual monitors

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im getting really annoyed by the fact that i cant set flash player to fullscreen on monitor 1 and then work on monitor 2. It will reset to default size when i unfocus the screen. I ahve read about a few things on the internet and that it is supposedly a security thing but i dont really care. I want it full screen and stay fullscreen even if i unfocus flash player.

How do i make it so i can still do thing on my monitor 2 while keeping flash in full screen on monitor 1?

Thank in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Windows 10 Home 1607

- Firefox 59.0.2

- (P)NPAPI Plugin version 29.0.0.140

- When i fullscreen a stream thats using flash player on my first monitor it stays fullscreen. But the moment i press anything/anywhere on my second monitor, the fullscreen is turned off and reverts itself back to the normal size (Basically returns to the website where the stream is initially playing)

- No error messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only seeing this happen on Firefox.  Because it's consistently happening across multiple platforms, I'm not sure if that's an intentional choice on their part, or if it's just an oversight of some sort. 

Other NPAPI browsers, like Safari on Mac, don't exit fullscreen when focus is placed on a secondary monitor.  This reinforces my hypothesis that this is browser-defined behavior.

The good news is that there's a pretty easy workaround.  Just experiment with other browsers.

I can try and figure out if this is a regression in Firefox and report a bug, but any fix would take at least a couple months to work through their stability channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats too bad. I dont use any other browser other then Firefox and really not wanting to either. I will open a thread on there to see if they know why this happens.

Thanks for your reply and hope it can be resolved at FF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines