• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player in Incognito not working

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I try to load flash based games, etc... in Incognito, they no longer work. As of today. The day before yesterday there were no issues. I've made sure Flash is always (via the secure option drop downs) allowed on the page(s) in question and still no dice. I see this had happened before with the solution then being under switching off html over Flash, but that's no longer an option, so what is it this time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no changes in Flash to account for this.  Please contact the Google for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is related to Chrome's plug-in blocking.  Chrome uses a "Site Engagement Score" to determine whether or not it should show Flash content by default.  That score is determined by how often you use a site, and I think the current threshold score is 101 (it increases over time, until Flash is eventually just off).  When you visit a site in incognito mode, you're visiting it for the first time, and your site engagement score is probably 0-ish.  It will never reach the threshold necessary to show Flash content.  This is an intentional choice by Chrome, and is by design.

If you want to use Flash Player in a private browsing session, you need to use another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines