Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player inside Electron App

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if an Electron application embedding the flash player will continue working also after the Flash EOL.

As I know there are two deadlines here:
1 Jan 2021: Chrome should block flash plugin. Does this extend to the chromium browser embedded in an electron application?
12 Jan 2021: Flash player will stop running flash content. Does this extend to the flash player eventually embedded in an Electron application?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Embedding and distributing Flash Player in your desktop application without a redistribution agreement from Adobe would be in violation of our EULA.  

You can set the system date on your machine forward to 13 Jan 2021 to see what happens, but I believe that it should stop working.  Future versions of Chrome and Chromium will remove PPAPI support entirely.  I imagine that will propagate to Electron at some point, so you'd most likely also end up in a position where you're stuck and unable to ta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Embedding and distributing Flash Player in your desktop application without a redistribution agreement from Adobe would be in violation of our EULA.  

You can set the system date on your machine forward to 13 Jan 2021 to see what happens, but I believe that it should stop working.  Future versions of Chrome and Chromium will remove PPAPI support entirely.  I imagine that will propagate to Electron at some point, so you'd most likely also end up in a position where you're stuck and unable to take updates to Electron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines