• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player install why can i not get past the extras try for free for one month items before I can install flash player

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install an update for adobe flash player and when I get to stage 3 it wants me to try for a month free an add that I do not want -how can I get past this and just install the update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're using Adobe's installer page? What is the URL that you go to for the installer?

This would be the right page:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you probably completed the installation successfully.  The success screen does tend to include a promotion for a paid Adobe product (selling stuff is what keeps the lights on around here).

Most of the major browsers in the US are making it increasingly difficult to use Flash.  Similarly,  most content on the web has been able to assume for the last ~15 years that if Flash wasn't visible, that it wasn't installed.  That's no longer necessarily true, and older content may be incorrectly telling you to install Flash, when in actuality, it's already installed but blocked by the browser itself.

Depending on the browser you use, you may need to do some additional stuff to enable Flash Player:

Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Adobe Flash Player enabled but not recognized in Windows 10 Edge

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

If those don't help, some information about your computer and browser would help us give you a more specific recommendation:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines