• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation fails at 52%

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several different downloads, the full installation, the installer for Fire Fox, and some other recommendations.  But no matter which one I try, it starts to install then at around 52 - 53%  installation fails and it sends me to the Adobe trouble shooting page.

I have a windows 7 machine, and it is behind a proxy server/fire wall.  But I have to say that previous versions have loaded fine.  But that was an older version of Windows. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Have you tried using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section?  If not, please try using this installer.  If it fails, post updated FlashInstall log files from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camera_dave

the online/web installer should work behind a firewall.  In order to troubleshoot, I'll need to get the online installer log files from you. Please upload the 2 files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com\send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

In the interim, please use the offline/full installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  But please do provide the online installer log files so we can troubleshoot why it's not working.

Thank you.

--Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the log files, though they weren't exactly where they were supposed to be.  Below is the link:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I scanned through them quickly.  But I have no idea what to look for. None the less, thank you very much for your help and quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camera_dave

Thanks for the log files.  The failure doesn't appear to be due to the proxy server.  The online installer is downloading the Flash Player installer itself and launching it, but then it fails.  I'm not familiar with the error code being returned and have asked one of the installer engineers for assistance.

Since it's not the online installer failing, I'd like to get the Flayer installer files themselves from you.  The file, FlashInstall32.log, is saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, the FlashInstall64.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash is also required.  Please upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded file(s).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only find the FlashInstall32.log file.  I do not see a 64 bit version.  Here is the link:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section?  If not, please try using this installer.  If it fails, post updated FlashInstall log files from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I followed the procedure under #6 on the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page.  I followed the procedure under "How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?"  Following all the process seemed to clear up permission issues with the register and allowed me to then install V26 Flash Player completely. I have not shut down and started again, but I don't think that will be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines