• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player installation

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am told to remove internet explorer when trying to install flash player.

I am told to remove all programs affected.

1 How do I know which programs to delete?

2 What will I lose if I do so?

3 how do I reinstall everything?

4 why on earth is it so complicated?

I am on windows 7 and, as said, use internet explorer..

Help please! The version it is failing to install 29.0.0.171

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you share the link from where you are trying to install Flash Player. Installation/uninstallation does not require uninstalling any browsers. Please go Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page and download Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it isn't just telling you to CLOSE or QUIT Internet Explorer, rather than REMOVE? If unsure please tell us the exact message in full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is telling me to close IE. But when I follow the instructions it appears I have to disable a lot of programs and it is not clear what the problems may be with that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attach a screenshot of what I am being asked to do. It does not make clear exactly which 2processes” need to be closed.

It does not say what might be lost by closing these “processes”

It does not say how to re-open iE.

That is where I am stuck.

Thanks

Roger collinge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it says to close IE it just means to close the window, not remove or uninstall.

What are the other messages, please be detailed. It is normal and recommended to close every other app when installing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I think you tried to email the screen shot. Please don't try to do that, as the forum software just throws them away. Instead, please return to the forum and add a reply, using the picture icon to add a picture (or paste, if it works). Or if you prefer type it out, IN FULL please.

You would re-open IE in the normal way, such as the "e" icon at the bottom of your screen, or the START button, whatever you would normally do. Or if you just wait for it to start on a reboot, then reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does not say what might be lost by closing these “processes”

It does not say how to re-open iE.

If you're filling out a form, composing web-mail, etc, then that information would be lost by closing the browser.  If you're not filling out any form, then nothing would be lost.

The only time Flash Player prompts to close IE is if you are attempting to re-install the same version of Flash Player that's already installed, because a file in use cannot be removed.  It sounds like you may just need to enable Flash in the browser, and/or disable ActiveX filtering.

To enable Flash Player in IE, see Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer

To disable ActiveX Filtering in IE, see ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

After enabling Flash Player, and disabling ActiveX Filtering, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the Check Now button.  What is the resulting system information? 

For help attaching screenshots to your post, see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines