Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installer won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been trying to update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox; but everytime i download the installer, it refuses to open. I've tried to unblock it, tried to run as a Administrator, tried to open after closing the browser, but nothing happens.

This problem happens everytime Adobe asks me to update the plugin. I've managed to find a alternative installer, only to five days later it asks to update Flash once again and the same ordeal happens.

What's going on? Why isn't the normal installer opening to me?

TOPICS
Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash does not need to be updated so often. But malware attacks often claim that it needs to be, trick you into downloading alternative installers, with viruses and worse. If you do actually need to update go to http://get.adobe.com/flash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this have to do with which flash will no longer be available at the end of the year? Are they removing the updates for that reason? I was watching tutorials from TSPlus and I got an alert (in Chrome) that Flash will no longer be available and asked me to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No updates are being removed. Why do you say that?

(It's certainly right that Flash is being removed, and that Chrome - Google - is making it harder and harder to use, deliberately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines