• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is enabled but not working

Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Windows 10 and I need to use Flash Player for school. I am able to watch videos and play games, but I cannot access certain websites because it says that  either an updated version is not installed or it is disabled. Even after I fixed those issues, I am still not able to use those websites.

Thank you

TOPICS
Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Microsoft Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.

Please review Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge

Essentially, Microsoft blocks Flash Player by default on Edge, forcing the user to allow Flash each time, for every website, or 'always allow' on a specific domain/website.  This is implemented by Microsoft.  If the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ don't help, please contact Microsoft for further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if we have done everything in the link? My flash player is enabled, and I am still not able to view the material on sapling learning. The "clouds" show in the animation with the tree also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with sapling learning. I tried troubleshooting through Microsoft Edge, but I didn't get through yet. I don't know if you tried, but they had a lot more options than Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if we have done everything in the link?

Contact the content owner and tellthem their site is not working with click-to-play feature in Microsoft Edge.  Essentially all browser vendors are moving to click-to-play for Flash and content providers need to stay on top of these and update their content accordingly, based on the individual browser implementation of click-to-play.

You can also report the site to Microsoft.  The Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge tech note contains a link to the Microsoft blog Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog , which explains this change in detail.  The bottom of the post states:

If the website you are visiting is trying to show you Flash content and you do not see the puzzle piece in the address bar please click the Ellipses, go to “Send Feedback” in the menu, then “Report site issue”, and write in the description that you believe this site is not working due to Flash Click-to-Run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if I am on brave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are replying to a post that is 3 years old, and most likely not relavent to the issue you are facing as there have been many browser changes with regards to Flash Player since this topic was posted.

Please start a new discussion topic and provide the following information:

• Operating system, including version
  • Browser, including version
  • Flash Player version
  • Direct link to Flash content that is not displaying
  • Brief, concise description of the problem you are facing
  • Screenshot of any error returned

Locking this topic as it's over 3 years old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm compiling a list of sites that are broken in Edge for the team at Microsoft.  It would be great if you could share links to pages that don't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whoever is making the list of sites that don't work, please include:

phils4.mheducation.com

The problem with this is is you cannot click on the puzzle piece to then

enable Flash. The site directs you directly to Adobe's website and on

Adobe's website you can enable Flash, but that still won't translate back

to permission for the phils4 page.

I tried to do my homework on this site through Mozilla and it kept freezing.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saplinglearning.com doesn't work.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I contacted the people through sapling they said they had been having continuous issues with windows (and the error code about flash player). I ended up having to go through Chrome to fix the issues, but it's working now. It wasn't the same directions originally provided to enable Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, every browser does it a little differently, so the instructions vary depending on what you use.  Glad you found a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps did you use? I never have an issue with sapling on my pc but my new laptop says that it is installed and enabled (I see clouds on the test link) yet when I open up sapling it says it is disabled or not installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.freeslotsland.au, only when logged in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

abbyblair  wrote

Hi,

I have Windows 10 and I need to use Flash Player for school. I am able to watch videos and play games, but I cannot access certain websites because it says that  either an updated version is not installed or it is disabled. Even after I fixed those issues, I am still not able to use those websites.

Thank you

Nowadays browsers tend to disable Flash by default, even tho a lot of online games are made in it

Try Opera, Firefox, And chrome.

In all of these browsers set flash to enabled in options, it will work then in at least one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my game blockstarplanet dosent work even when i did it right in window 7 how do u do falsh player 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines