Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player is enabled but still doesnt work - Edge browser

Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone please help me figure out how to enable flashplayer on edge? I already enabled it bu it still wont work

[moderator: added 'Edge browser' to title for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing! My daughter is trying to to her homework online, it keeps saying you need to enable Flash Player, but its already enabled for that website.I don't what to do; since her homework is due tomorrow, i don't want her to get detention. I tried it on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but its still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi poopping123​,

For Chrome related settings, please refer to Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help . If you are using Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned on Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer page to troubleshoot the issue. If you are using any other OS, please state the OS you are using and post a screenshot of the issue you are seeing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nanas40​,

To enable Flash Player for Edge, check the OS version of Windows 10 you are using and follow the steps mentioned as per Windows 10 version on Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flash player is enabled on my computer it is not working for one of the sites and none of the troubleshooting guides are helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the Edge browser that is in the title of this message (or Internet Explorer) nobody here can help

Microsoft has LOCKED both of those browsers, so only Microsoft controls which one and when Flash is updated

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find Edge and Internet Explorer help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, basically this.  As the major US browsers move to make Flash Player click-to-play by default, they've all implemented slightly different approaches, and all are imperfect.  The intent is to continue to make it more painful to run Flash-based content, so that you'll complain to the content providers, which will encourage them to migrate to HTML and JavaScript.

If one browser isn't working for you, you'll probably need to try others.  In this instance, Chrome and Firefox would be great places to start.

The following guides will also help:

Adobe Flash Player enabled but not recognized in Windows 10 Edge

Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both & both tell me I don’t have adobe flash player enabled! But I checked settings for both & they both have flash player enabled also shockwave player is enabled! I’m so lost on how to fix this. Would you have any idea why? Thank you so much for your time & help.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it still wont work.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide a link to the content that doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the 'enabling' Flash directions--and the program I'm using still says it doesn't detect a flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the site is publicly available, please provide the link to the problematic Flash content.

If it's not a publicly available site, please contact the content provider for assistance. You can also report the site to Microsoft.  Instructions for doing so are posted at the bottom of Microsoft's blog post: Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screen shot of the error message from website.

Nancy Whitelaw

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

[Also,  your screen shot did not come through]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer

If you want the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx for help with Flash in Edge and Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The forums doesn't accept email attachments.  Please log onto the forums to attach screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the major browsers move to make Flash Player click-to-play by default, there will be increasing friction for users attempting to use Flash Player.  Each browser vendor implements this approach a little differently, and all are imperfect.  You may need to experiment with various browsers when content doesn't play.

When those links are publicly accessible (i.e. not gated behind a username or password), please share them with us, as we'd be more than happy to report them to the respective vendors.  When content is gated behind a username and password, there's not a lot we can do about it without a test account from them.  You should report problems to the content provider's support team.  If the content provider needs help from us, they're more than welcome to contact me directly (just click my name), and I'll get the appropriate conversation(s) going.

For the person with the educational software problem, it might be good to sit down with the teacher and find out what the known-good supported hardware/software configuration is for that software, and/or to let them know that the websites aren't working as expected.  They may be able to point you to some resources to work around those compatibility problems from either the vendor or the school district.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines