• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player is not working in chrome how do i fix it?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player is not working in chrome.

I have reinstalled chrome and i have selected the option so flash always can run from following this guide Enable Flash Player for Chrome

Still not working. I can watch youtube but not twitch if that helps

This is the PC i'm using Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G, Define S ATX Mid Tower - My first PC ...

I'm using windows 10 education

How do i get it to work?

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

@gregk13186206 ,

Thanks for posting that screenshot.  Very helpful.  Yes, indeed the pepflashplayer.dll file should be there.  That is the Flash Player file for Chrome. Please try the following:

• delete the 23.0.0.166 directory
  • launch chrome and navigate to Flash content
  • does it download and install Flash Player, in the same ~\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash directory?

Note: AppData is a hidden directory, if you don't see it see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i ment "but not chrome"

But now it working in chrome as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to know that the problem is solved for firefox and chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's looks like it only works in chrome if i had it on in fire fox when i stared the using flash. Then i stops working when i restart the chome sometimes and if i start flash with fire fox it start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I am having the same issue but need help fixing it. This is where the plugin is supposed to be (user/kjtwist/appdata) but I dont even have that (appdata) in my system (under user). NO appdata there..It is in my Program files directory though. Please tell me how to correct this. I dont follow the explanation here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kjtwist ,

AppData is a hidden folder.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files  to display hidden files/folders.  One of the first things I do when I get a new system is display hidden files/folders so I forget that this is a hidden file and forgot to include that in my previous instructions.  I've edited the instructions to include this info.

Alternatively you can copy the Location path from chrome://plugins and paste it into Windows Explorer address field.

Even if the file is there, delete the 23.0.0.166 directory (in the AppData file path) and force Chrome to download the Plugin again.  This should work.  Please post back whether or not pepflashplayer.dll was in the AppData directory path and if this solution worked.  I'll forward this info to our contact at Google.

Thank you,

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I have tried everything but that worked.  It was there and I deleted the file and it works now. In Windows 10 though there is no way to enter "folder" in the search, Cortana has taken over.  I simply opened File Explorer and hit "view" then "Show Hidden".  There it was.  I uninstalled Chrome, after deleting the file and reinstalled.  Its working. THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming this solution worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me to. After deleting 24.0.0.221 folder Chrome downloaded again and then everything worked just fine. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 23, 2017

Yesterday, all computers in our Office starting having Flash in Chrome Issues.

The dialog  box is frozen, unable to scroll this is in Salesforce.

I followed, read and deleted the pepperflash folder current Flash Version. Then downloaded the latest from Adobe.com, still having Issues.https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2213951

Please help Adobe Flash not working in Chrome very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you update flash to a new version and still not working.

1) ... Open a webpage you want to use flash

2) ... Click on ...." View Site Information " ... on TOP LEFT in front of   URL ..( https:// )

3) ... Click at .. FLASH ...  + ALWAYS ALLOW ON THIS SITE ... That's it .... !!!

Flash ON__11.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines