• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player keeps crashing my computer

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an auto update of Flash Player 10.3.183.7. Right after this update when i went to a site running flash the page would freeze, and i couldn't do anything

because everything was froze. After about 30 seconds i get the blue screen it says flash player plugin container is the cause. It dose this on any page running flash. I uninstalled and reinstalled, that did not help at all. I turned the hardware accelerator to none, like i read in adobe forum, this didn't help ether.

I tried to go back to the version before this, but when i go to a site with flash, it says i need the most current version of flash player. a few times it froze i was able to open the task manager and the flash player plug-in container was maxing out the CPU, and the memory.

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 quad core 3.5 GHz, and 8GB memory, windows XP SP3, Nivida GeForce 260GTX OC HD video card. I'm using Firefox 6.0.1

This also happens when i use Internet Explorer 8.0.6 I first thought this was a browser problem i was using Firefox 3.6.18

I currently have Flash Player uninstalled. So How do I stop this from crashing my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to ask people in this thread that are still having problems to please create their own new topics.  We'll do our best to try and address each one, but at this point this thread has too many people with similar (but different) issues.

When creating your thread, please include the following information:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit editions)
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit editions)
  • Specify your Flash Player version
  • Please include the video section of your dxdiag report
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important and steps you've taken to try and resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest CC I really do not want FlashPlayer because it is clearly a security risk for Mac OSX users (viz. Flashback) and the fact that it has a default setting which allows websites to store data on my computer is totally unacceptable.

I would just like to know what else I can use ... Adobe are an independent company - they should just go away and make a product that works, period and not try to fix every single computer that has a problem with, what is clearly, a product which is not fit for purpose.

Adobe also stopped supporting PPC so don't expect too much sympathy.

I resolved that problem by finding an alternative and if it means that I cannot watch certain material by not using Flashplayer then, so be it ! The law of supply & demand will bring forward another player.

PS. Having uninstalled Flashplayer I now do find that my computer is running much cooler and the fan has stopped, finally ! It's a laptop so it shouldn't be having so much heat.

Conclusion - I am definitely better off WITHOUT the damned Flashplayer

Message was edited by: TexasRock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TexasRock,

It's unfortunate that Flashback was created on the Mac.  However, that's not a security hole in the Player itself, they just took advantage of users by creating a stand alone trojan tool by piggy backing on the name of a utility found on hundreds of millions of computers.  When security issues are found in the Player, we take pains to address them as soon as possible.

As for finding an alternative for the Player, I think you're taking a realistic approach.  Uninstalling then using the web like you normally would will allow you to see if Flash is something that is required for the content you want to view.  I know in my case, I successful utilize the player on a daily basis and wouldn't want to live without it.

Dropping support for older architecture and platforms is always hard, but necessary for proper growth.  For what it's worth, Flash Player supported PPC at least as long as Apple did.  I know how you feel though, I'm bummed that Lion does not support my Intel Core Duo Macbook Pro.  We do provide a version of Flash Player for PPC, so if you're ever interested in installing the player again please check out the following FAQ:  What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  the flashplayer keeps on crashing in firefox, flock , & IE.   I upgraded firefox and the flashplayer and rebooted.  This started happening in the last month or 2, not sure what triggered it.

Win 7 32-bit

firefox 8.0.1

flash player WIN 11,1,102,55

display section, everything passed when I ran dxdiag.

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
   Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
      Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x95C5)
       DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
     Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C5&SUBSYS_03421028&REV_00
Display Memory: 1657 MB

Dedicated Memory: 250 MB

Shared Memory: 1406 MB
   Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
   Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
  Monitor Model: DELL 1905FP
     Monitor Id: DEL400C
    Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1052 (English)

Driver Version: 8.791.0.0
    DDI Version: 10.1
   Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/27/2010 02:55:24, 547328 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D685-11CF-8477-4823BEC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x1002
      Device ID: 0x95C5
      SubSys ID: 0x03421028
    Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: oem1.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.0:ati2mtag_RV610:8.791.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_95c5

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
                 {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
                 {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
                 {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
                 {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
   D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
        DXVA-HD: Not Supported
   DDraw Status: Enabled
     D3D Status: Enabled
     AGP Status: Enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thus far, Carl, I have to say great call!   It has run far longer with no hangs than any time since the problem began.   I'll post again if the problem comes back.  Thx for the great advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines