• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player keeps prompting to install on macOS 10.14 (Mojave)

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MacBook Pro running on MacOS 10.14.2 (Mojave), the Adobe Flash Player asks me to install an update and I do so, the very next day it keeps asking me to again update and does not stop asking until I install again, then even after I install second time it keeps popping up and asking me to update. I have also re-started the browser, that too does not help. Basically it is not storing or recognising the updates.

Thereby, the problem seems to be that it is not recognising the update done but keeps disturbing with the pop up asking to update. Any solutions? Any reason for this to happen. All help highly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, you do have the most recent version of Flash installed.  However, that has no bearing on what a malicious website/script/malware/adware, etc is doing.  Their objective is to trick users to install malicious software.  The notification you're getting is absolutely not from Adobe.  Something else is triggering the malicious notification.  Is it happening all the websites you visit or specific websites?   Are you using a router?  In the past, some routers were infected with malware that resulted websites being redirected to malicious sites.  Troubleshooting the issue can be more involved than just running a virus scan on your computer as some threats aren't detected by a virus scanner alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note: if this is an ATTEMPTED attack, your antivirus will certainly find nothing. Because you haven't been infected yet. Continue to ignore all these fake update messages, that's very important. Preferably, avoid all the sites where you get them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report the sites displaying the fake notification to phishing@adobe.com

For more info on reporting situations like this, see https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Six months later and...This is the screen that I get also when installing Flash. If I check "notify me to install updates" it takes me back to the beginning. It seems to only allow auto updates. What was your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines