• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player License Agreement Impossible to Find! Still!

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Systems Incorporated c/o the Flash Forum,

The AFP 15.0 Installer dialog requires completion of a check box indicating "I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement. Read the license here."

What happens when one actually attempts to read the license agreement by clicking the Read the license here. link?

One is whisked off to "www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html#flash_player" that lists, to my reckoning, every Adobe product and service that could conceivably require a license.  This list numbers upwards of 240 items.  Of these, should one have the presence of mind to use one's browser search function to search the page for instances of "flash player" one returns: "Adobe Flash Player" and "Adobe Premium Features for Flash Player."  Well, that was too hard.  But wait, it gets better!

Once one has found it, what happens when one actually clicks on the :Adobe Flash Player" link "wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/Flash%20Player_15.0.pdf"?

The above PDF file opens.  AND IT'S A THREE HUNDRED and FOUR (304!) page document!  The link might lead one to believe that the file is in English, and there might actually be English in there, but if there is, it is sandwiched in between more foreign language text than I knew existed.

My question?  Oh, it's the same one my mother has when she tried to follow Adobe's direction to "read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement"...

Why do they make this so hard?

Sign me Really_Unhappy_with_Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license agreement is a PDF; if opened online with the Adobe Reader plugin, then it will automatically show the English page:

fp_eula.png

If you use another PDF viewer (like Google Chrome's or Firefox), then the result is unpredictable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you for replying to my post Pat. I have to tell you though, I'm not convinced that Adobe hasn't intentionally made this license agreement thing difficult.

I try to convince my 80yo mother that computers really aren't that difficult to use, and that if she'd spend a little time with hers, she'd feel more in touch with her extended and far-flung family's activities.  It's a hard sell when she has to face stuff like this daily and Adobe isn't the only culprit. 

So.  What I'm hearing is that AFTER the PDF license agreement document is found in the list of over two hundred license agreement documents (the #flash_player ID attr or Anchor or what have you doesn't seem to work) AND if a bona fide Adobe PDF viewer plug-in is installed in the browser that opens the PDF file, THEN my mother will be looking at the English version of the license agreement?

Honestly, how hard is it to simply link an English language dialog box to an English language RTF file or HTML page?

I maintain that this was made difficult on purpose.

Bad Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really_Unhappy_With_Adobe wrote:

I maintain that this was made difficult on purpose.

I don't know - it has been that way for a very long time.  I have been using Adobe Reader and Flash Player (Macromedia, at the time) since about 1998, and I have never faced the problem you are seeing.  Of course, until recently the Adobe Reader plugin was the only online PDF viewer, now many browsers include their own (incompatible) PDF viewer, so that may be the cause of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines