Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Not Enabled

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

We are trying to make sure Flash Player is enabled on our new laptop. We have verified we have the newest version of Flash Player. When we click test, it tells us to follow certain steps to enable. (i.e. click on "...", click on "settings", click on "advanced settings", etc...until we click button that enables). When we finish this...we refreshed, then run the test again...we get the same error. Can you please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Which browser?

What error message or code?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10

Microsoft Edge

It tells us that flash player is not enabled and tells us the steps to take to enable it. When we follow those steps, it shows that flash player is enabled...we run the test again...and get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the resources mentioned in this related discussion.

FlashPlayer issue

In my experience, getting Flash Player to work in modern browsers is more & more difficult as browsers are phasing out support for all ActiveX & NPAPI plugins.  In my case, when I need Flash Player which is kind of rare, I switch to Chrome.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you able to see any Flash Content? To confirm you can check if you see version information of installed Flash Player correctly on Adobe - Flash Player page.

If you are unable to see the same, enable Flash Player following steps mentioned on Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge page.

In addition , please see Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog.  The behaviour you are observing is most likely due to Microsoft's click-to-run implementation.  This Microsoft blog post will provide more information, including a means of reporting a website that is not compliant with the browser's click-to-play implementation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines