• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not recognized as installed on MacOS 10.14.5

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac and have uninstalled and reinstalled the current Flash Player app. I've enabled the app on Safari and it shows there, but it does not work or show as installed on your help site or apps where I am trying to use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari  for instructions to allow Flash on Safari, including for individual website.

but it does not work or show as installed on your help site

Not sure which site you're referring to.

1. I went to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  2. Initially, Safari did not detect Flash was installed:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.22.22 AM.png
  3. I then went to Safari > Preferences > Websites and saw that Safari has Flash disabled for the site:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.23.24 AM.png
  4. I selected On for the site:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.24.35 AM.png
  5. Closed the Preferences window, refreshed the browser tab, clicked 'Check Now' again, and the browser detected Flash:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.25.15 AM.png

In the Preferences > Websites window, in the bottom right of the window you can allow Flash for all websites .

This browser functionality assumes the content's Flash detection scripts conform to the browser's Flash detection requirements.  As we move to Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020 browser vendors will continue to create friction and make it more difficult for users to enable/allow Flash on their sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I’ve gone through all of the recommended steps. Adobe Flash player shows as installed correctly and running but it does not work or launch on the gaming site from Facebook via Safari.

It does work with Chrome however.

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash player shows as installed correctly and running but it does not work or launch on the gaming site from Facebook via Safari.

This sounds like an issue with either the content or the browser, but not Flash Player itself.

Which game, specifically, are you attempting to play?  Please post the exact URL to the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is: https://apps.facebook.com/jigsawworld/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I accessed the site, the game area displayed empty.

I then went to Safari > Preferences > Websites and allowed Flash on the site:

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 3.12.14 PM.png

Closed the Preferences window

Refreshed the browser and game content displayed:

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 3.12.46 PM.png

Please post a screenshot of the Safari > Preferences > Websites tab

<edit>

This (enabling Flash in Preferences) is functionality controlled by the browser.  It's not Flash Player functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve done that as well but it still comes up empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot of the Safari > Preferences > Websites tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines