• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not recognized on game with Google Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to play a game (Games | Kids Games | Virtual Games & Pets | Games for Kids | Neopets ) but it keeps telling me I don't have the latest version of flash player, even though I downloaded the latest version already. Other games work fine but this game doesn't seem to work.

My operating system is windows 10.

The web browser I'm using is the latest version of Google Chrome.

Here's a screenshot of the error message I keep getting.

Untitled.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jesse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer Re: Shockwave Flash "Always Active" fail. The steps mentioned in the post would be helpful to the problem mentioned.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot divya, I got the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya,
Thanks for the reply,

I looked at the thread you linked to and I did check my settings on Chrome and Neopets.com is allowed to run flash. The site works well for all games except this one that's not working, so it's not a matter of allowing the website to run flash.

Thanks again,
Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, blast from the past.  I still have a Neopets account. 

In this instance, it looks like the JavaScript on this page is failing to detect Flash.  As you've observed, when done correctly, Flash content is successfully detected and instantiated.

This is a content issue, and something that Neopets will need to fix.  I'm sure it's just old and was overlooked as they modernized their Flash implementation elsewhere on the site.  I also confirmed that it doesn't work in any of my browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation jeromiec.
Yeah I haven't played Neopets for ages, but the games they have are pretty good and I like practicing making money since I"m still in school and not having a full time job yet.

Thanks again,
Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines