• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Not Responding on ChromeOS

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have played a game online for almost 2 years. I am now getting a message stating "Click below if Flash is not enabled or open Flash Player Help if your Flash plugin is blocked".

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Google Chrome

Your Operating System (OS)

Chrome

Computer says it is enabled and is allowed on sites to no avail. I have tried to update flash, chrome etc. I have done all the trouble shooting it tells me. Keeps saying all up to date but still un able to load my game. Can anyone please give me some guidance?  I can not download another browser, as it tells me the CHROME OS is not compatible with any of them.  Doesn't seem like ChromeOS is compatible with much of anything I am finding. Please someone help!!

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google are slowly but surely making Flash difficult and irritating to run. The idea is that you get irritated and complain to the maker of the thing you use which needs Flash, so they stop using it before Flash is switched off entirely by the year 2020. In particular, in Chrome there is a button you have to click every time you want to run Flash.

Yes, ChromeBooks are their own little work, running Chromebooks app. Not at all a substitute for Mac or Windows, but cheap. And much more secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are using an older version of Flash Player, Could you please update your Flash Player. You can try Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help to enable the Flash Content. Is this message comes only while playing the game or there are other links also on which you get the same message?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is a built-in component of Chrome.  Chrome automatically gets and installs the latest updates for Flash Player.  There's nothing to download or install.

My guess is that you're running into issues because Chrome blocks Flash content by default now.  If you click in the address bar to the left of the address (where the info or lock icon is), you can choose Site Settings > Flash > Allow.  This might get things working for you, but you'll probably have to do this each time you load the page.

You *should* check to see that you have the latest updates for ChromeOS:

Update your Chromebook's operating system - Chromebook Help

If your Chromebook is so old that it no longer receives updates, that's problematic.  Your options in that instance are pretty much limited to upgrading to a new Chromebook, or running a different operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines