• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working in chrome incognito.

Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Can't use the flash player in incognito please help.

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Alright guys, just signed up to post this, I had the same problem which i've solved.

in your chrome browser go to chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

and change the Prefer HTML over Flash dropdown box to "disabled"

Re-launch (by clicking the link which appears at the bottom of the screen when you change any option) et voila! all should be fixed.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome Incognito mode has nothing to do with the behaviour you are experiencing.  Google is changing how/when Flash content displays based on a site engagement index (see Site Engagement - The Chromium Projects  for more information).  You can try managing this via chrome://settings:

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/content
  2. Look for the Flash entry
  3. Either
    1. select Allow sites to run Flash which should enable Flash on all sites
    2. or select Manage exceptions... and manage Flash on a per-site basis by entering the individual site domain name and setting the entry to Allow.  Click Done when finished entering the individual sites.
  4. Click Done
  5. Relaunch Chrome
  6. Does Flash content display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an aside, Incognito mode may actually "feel" like a change in behavior, in that it affects the calculated site engagement score Chrome calculates a "site engagement score" to determine whether or not to show Flash content at launch, based on the number of time you visit a site. That way, sites you use frequently show Flash content, but sites that you've never seen get the degraded browsing experience by default.

If you've visited a site a bunch, but then attempt to access the same site in incognito mode, the site engagement score will in the incognito instance will be 0 (because the incognito instance doesn't know about your regular browsing habits), and Flash will be suppressed.  In that vein, any accumulated views in the incognito instance aren't going to persist beyond that incognito session.

The remedy above is still correct, in that you ultimately just need to allow Flash content to run in Chrome, but without understanding the nuances of why the behavior is happening, I can totally see why it looks like Incognito mode is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and i still have flash always active in the option.

In normal it all works correctly, but if i use incognito mode the flash player isn't load.

Thanks for support

This is in normal mode:

normal.JPG

this is in incognito mode:

incognito.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the icognito window, click on the lock icon, to the left of the address field, scroll down to Flash.  What is the permission set to?  Change it to 'Always allow on this site' and reload the page.  Does Flash work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was on "ask", i put it on "Always allow on this site", i reload (even restarting Chrome) but flash is not loaded.

Thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another option you can try is to enable Flash in content settings: Adobe Flash isn't working - Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks m_vargas, but i have try all that options before contact this support.

But it's something happens today, yesterday all works fine in incognito. I don't know, maybe a silent update of Chrome...

It's really a mistery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try resetting Chrome to see if that works?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer, i have resetted Chrome vefore contacting this support, sadly it dont't works.

I guess you cannot reproduce the same problem on your computer, if isn't a bug don't worries i can survive at this

Thanks anyway for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same problem for me...

flash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumpity bump, I've got this on all 3 of my computers....

windows 7 desktop, windows 8.1 laptop, & windows 7 imac

I've tried all the things in this thread and a few more, its been going on for a while now

flash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here the other day all was working fine, now the flash plugin no longer works in incognito. The same site works fine in normal mode but not in incognito, and settings is set to allow all sites

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright guys, just signed up to post this, I had the same problem which i've solved.

in your chrome browser go to chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

and change the Prefer HTML over Flash dropdown box to "disabled"

Re-launch (by clicking the link which appears at the bottom of the screen when you change any option) et voila! all should be fixed.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved, thanks a lot kingstig84!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me too, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Ridiculous solution, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is behavior intentionally imposed by the browser, and not something we have a programmatic solution for. 

The Chrome team is very receptive to feedback, and you should definitely feel free to send them your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but;

"Unfortunately, this is behavior intentionally imposed by the browser, and not something we have a programmatic solution for.

The Chrome team is very receptive to feedback, and you should definitely feel free to send them your thoughts."

This is simply not true, there are any amount of messages about issues with Chrome having issues with adobe flash and being unable to use webcams in websites regardless of what content settings get changed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Furthermore, I can use for example Edge or Opera and get my cam to work with Flash, but with Google Chrome it just displays a black box with no image................... Google has bugs, and then when you ask someone how to fix it there is no answer................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome uses something called a "site engagement score" to decide whether or not to allow Flash content to run.  If it's a site you visit frequently, then it's more permissive.  If it's a site that you're visiting for the first time, then Chrome doesn't allow Flash content to run.

In Incognito mode, you're always visiting the site for the first time.  This isn't a bug.  It's by design.

You can modify some of Chrome's default behaviors by editing their values in chrome://flags.

One or more of these should get you back to behavior that you'd like (at least for the moment):

chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

chrome://flags/#run-all-flash-in-allow-mode

Again, we don't have the ability to circumvent or override restrictions imposed by the host browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say thank you, all though I didn't get the chance to ask the question.  YOU helped me out with the same problem I was having..This happened once before about a year ago and I fixed it.  But could not remember how i fixed it....

THANKS SO MUCH.                  

Candy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, in normal mode flash is always disabled, but in incognito I have to do it site by site, every time I use incognito. I have complete privileges on my Windows 10 (64bit) system.

It's ok if you want to abandon flash completely, but if it's still available, then is should work in incognito as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromiec83223024

You can modify some of Chrome's default behaviors by editing their values in chrome://flags.

One or more of these should get you back to behavior that you'd like (at least for the moment):

chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

chrome://flags/#run-all-flash-in-allow-mode

Again, we don't have the ability to circumvent or override restrictions imposed by the host browser.

So what should these be set to?

Furthermore, why is it when I use adobe flash with chrome that my webcam get's mirrored, ie. left hand looks right, and right hand looks left, but it doesn't do this in Skype?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should probably start a new thread for the camera problem since it's unrelated to this issue, and I doubt that most people on this thread care about that answer.  My guess is that since Skype is a dedicated video chat application, they probably flip the camera image automatically to give it a more natural feel.  If you think about what the camera "sees" when it's pointed at you, I think that's what you're getting in Flash.  Since we're simply providing access to the camera stream, we would leave it up to the content author to make any transformations to the image (this also consumes CPU cycles, so it comes at a performance cost).

For the answer at hand, you're just inverting the default values:

Disable "Prefer html over Flash", and Enable "Run all flash in allow mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your input which is much appreciated.

I am wondering if you mind taking a look at this video which I understand is flash based. Since the 24 July, 2017 it appears to me that MLB made some changes to their condensed games format. I can watch all videos on the internet without problems, I can watch live games on MLB TV without stopping and starting and stuttering, however for these condensed games there are issues. 8/2/17 CG: KC@BAL | MLB.com

Is there any possible way you can look at the code they are using to present these games? I have no issues with any other videos at all, except these which stop and start for no particular reason. I have used the settings which you outlined with no success. Any assistance would be appreciated. I communicated with MLB who said 'they'd pass it on to their IT dept', but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines