• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working in Safari

New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue that most websites are telling me I have to download an update to flash player every time, but then it never works. And if I return to the site the next day I run into the same issue. This issue really only happens when I am in Safari, which I have a mid 2018 MacBook Air and my MacOS is the most recent version of Mojave. I would appreciate any and all troubleshooting tips that will hep me be rid of this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of the message telling you that you have to download an update. You CANNOT EMAIL IT so please return to the forum page and post it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 9.21.19 AM.png

this is the screen I am talking about. No matter if I download or try to adjust settings I always get this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like a content issue.  All browsers block Flash by default and force the user to allow it, usually on a per-site basis.  The content Flash detection scripts must also conform to the browser requirements, so that the browser intercepts the request to download Flash and prompts the user to enable Flash.  In this case, if you're continuously prompted to download Flash, instead of being prompted to allow Flash on the site, the content may not conform to Safari's Flash detection scripts.

Providing the exact link to the problematic site will allow us to attempt to reproduce.

Also see Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari  for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you show the message telling you that you need an update? This is important, as such messages are often attacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misspoke when I said it says to update it just makes me download every time. what you see right there is what I'm talking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please tell us the version of Adobe Flash Player you are using?. If it is not the latest, please download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from the official site Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions and enable it on safari using Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari. Let us know if you still facing any issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines