• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working on MLBTV even though enabled

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried watching MLBTV on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.  Every time I can't because it says I need to enable the flash player.  The problem with that is that flash is enabled on every single browser.  So now I can't watch a service for which I pay.  None of the other forums I've seen are any help because they just tell you to enable the flash player.  However, Hulu and Netflix both work, and don't they use flash player?  So it doesn't make any sense.

I use Windows 10.

<moderator: added 'mlbtv' to title>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most browser vendors are moving to Flash click-to-play by default, which means Flash is disabled by default.  If content isn't configured to how the different browsers handle this it makes it difficult for users to enable Flash and view Flash content.  This is a browser vendor/content creator issue, not Adobe/Flash Player issue.

What is the Windows 10 Edition, Version and OS Build?  Go to Settings > System > About to obtain this information

• For Edge, refer to Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge
  • For Chrome, refer to Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help
    • If none of the options on Google's support document work, try the following:
      • Launch Chrome, navigate to chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash
      • This setting is most likely set to Default
      • Change it to Disable
      • Reload the browser
      • Flash content should display
  • For Firefox:  I've not encountered a situation where the standard Enable Flash Player for Firefoxinstructions do not work.  Please provide the exact steps & URL to content on the mlbtv site, that does NOT require log in to access, that does not work and I'll attempt to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the major browsers are engaging in an effort to make Flash Player "click-to-play", which in many instances, breaks content that would otherwise work.

The following guides might be helpful in getting things working the way that you'd like:

Adobe Flash Player enabled but not recognized in Windows 10 Edge

Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines