• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working on one computer on certain websites, tried everything, please help

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not refer me to the standard Adobe troubleshooting site for chrome, edge - been there, tried that many ties over. All permissions on via lock on left of URL bar and on right. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and flash multiple times. Does the same thing in Edge, just a black video screen. Checked for disabled related apps that I could tell under service tab and that they are all automatic. Tried reinstalling flash with NAV off. One website it doesn't work on is any videos on www.patriots.com, but there are others. Other computer works fine. Both Windows 10. This vers 10.0.17134 Build 17134. This adobe site Flash Player Help shows flash player is disabled, but then when I click on the icon near the image at the bottom it asks my permission and then the video plays and at top says I have v31.0.0.153 installed. chrome://settings/content/flash only shows option of "Ask first", no "Allowed", if that has anything to do with it. Chrome latest Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit). Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

After hours comparing details incl settings between my two computers I found the culprit: third party cookies was turned off on the one that those flash videos wouldn't play on. It's working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After hours comparing details incl settings between my two computers I found the culprit: third party cookies was turned off on the one that those flash videos wouldn't play on. It's working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines