• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working suddenly

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my Flash Player stopped working.  I was using it for a game and had played just fine earlier in the morning.  I updated Flash Player and still it din't work.  I run Firefox 79.0 (64-bit).  I don't know how ti find Flash on my computer to find out which version it is (it is today's verion from the adobe site).

Here's what happens. I do have to click the manage plugin use from Firefox and click to allow the program.  I load my game (a bit slower today) and it kinda loads.  I see some of the elements like a friends list and can see the notice message board.  The picture where my farm would be is blank.  Finally it loads and I can not move in the game.  And it is very shortly after this that the gamescreen goes blank and  farm sounds quite.  I have tried lealving it but not displays.  I can referesh the page and it just goes through the same cycle.

Is there a cache with Flash Player and if so how can I clear it?  To be clear I had installed Flash Player and played well in the game for at least 1.5 hrs.  I have also downloaded and re-installed Flash Player.

Any advice would help.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things are weird, it's usually something pretty fundamental.  You're seeing *something*, so Flash is installed and working. 

The old saying "when in doubt, reboot" is still really good advice.  I'd actually power the machine down, let it sit for a few seconds so that everything fully discharges, then fire it back up. 

If the problem persists, clear your browser cache, maybe run the disk checker utility.  It's hard to tell from your description if it's a thing where things aren't getting drawn to the screen (i.e. something weird happening at the GPU driver), or if maybe it's a backend service problem and you're just not getting all the assets to load for some reason. 

I'd reboot.  That eliminates a whole universe of stuff we'd never be able to diagnose anyway.  Random cosmic ray crossed a billion light-years of space just to intersect with your computer in just the right way to make it run weird.  Split-second brownout.  Who knows.

At that point, at least we know that the problem space is fairly constrained and repeatable.  I'd try a couple browsers.  If it's limited to Firefox, you have a good idea that they dinged something.  If you see it everywhere, then I'd probably grab the latest video card drivers available, and then maybe disable hardware acceleration if that doesn't help (performance will suck, but if it starts rendering everything consistently, we know it's a GPU-related problem.  On the Flash side, that code is mature and rarely touched, so it's much more likely to be some combination of OS/Browser/GPU incompatibility). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You I will try it. But it does seem to be flash related. most other
flash items work. Will let you know it this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also use other products from Firefox such as Waterfox, Mozilla Thunderbird and so on, they don't have this lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines