• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working - Vivaldi browser

Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: Vivaldi 1.13.1008.40

Hello. I'm trying to install the latest version of Flash Player (28.0.0.137), the installation goes fine, but after the installation I can't use flash content on websites and on page Flash Player Help I see this message: Sorry, Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled.

Please help to fix it.

I tried to install other versions of Flash Player, offline version and there is no success.

[moderator: edited title to better describe actual issue being reported]

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

I found the solution. Vivaldi now make you enable EVERY web page that you want flash on, on an individual basis. You need to left click the security marker (padlock on secure sites) and allow the page to use flash, then refresh the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vivaldi use PPAPI version of flash (same as Chrome / Opera)

did you install this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote in the question that i already did it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. No matter what I do I cannot get Vivaldi to recognise the fact that I've installed flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me if you will find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to completely remove vivaldi + preferences + flash player

then install a fresh vivaldi then flash then reboot?

your issue is maybe more vivaldi related than flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it too I'll try to reinstall Windows and I'll report the results, because idk what else to do. Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you report your issue at vivaldi support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. Vivaldi now make you enable EVERY web page that you want flash on, on an individual basis. You need to left click the security marker (padlock on secure sites) and allow the page to use flash, then refresh the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also put the entire website on the whitelist once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivaldi is based on Chromium, and Google made this change (disable Flash by default) some time ago.  Sounds like Vivaldi is now catching up to the same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is still not the problem. You can enable "Allow Flash" globally in the settings, but you STILL have to enable it on every website you wish it to play on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help and suggestions but flash will not install. I have been going around and around with Adobe about this but they do not seem to care. I learned from you to go the lock on the address bar and allow but this did not work? Have you had any luck with Adobe or the install of flash player? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but flash will not install

What, exactly, does this mean?  If there are no errors, then Flash is most likely installed correctly.

Vivaldi isn't an officially supported browser (see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player for supported browsers), but it should work.

What operating system, including version, is this on?

Please provide a direct link to content that is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria, what this means is when trying to install the latest version (and several previous versions) it will not go past 90% and it just frreezes there. I tried a number of other browsers including Chrome and Firefox and the same happened. There are a lot of others having the same problem? do you know when this will be fixed? Windows 7 latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robert, this does not work either. Please see my response to Maria. thank you for the quick reply and if you figure it out please let me know. by the way have you ever just tried downloading and installing the latest version of adobe flash player? as mentioned to maria this freezes at 90% install. I've tried defeating my firewall , malware protection, etc. and it still happens. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen less than an handful of reports on the forums, and they involve different types of installers, so the issues wouldn't be related.

Download failures happen for various reasons, without installation log files I couldn't tell you why. 

In order to troubleshoot the installation failure, I'll need to review the installation log files.  Please provide the following files:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • Adobe_ADM.log AND Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Are you using anti-virus software?  If so, which one (including version)?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines