Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working

Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Flash Player is on but it is not working. How do I get it to work? Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  When I go to settings, as the tech notes say, it says that Flash is enabled but when I try to open the crossword program, it says that Flash is disabled.  I have tried changing the setting for Flash about 3 different ways, depending on which tech note I read.  The frustrating thing is that it worked fine until July 1.  I am using Windows 10 and my browser is Chrome.  Help, please!

Mloub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, and am unable to watch any games on MLB.com. The error message states:

You have launched an event that is only accessible with Adobe Flash Player.

To watch this event, please install the latest version. Download»
If Flash is installed, please enable the Adobe Flash plugin in your browser settings. For instructions, please click here». If you are using a Chrome Browser, please click here».

I was able to view games just fine up until a week ago. I have cleared all caches/cookies and reinstalled Adobe three times, without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For all chrome related settings for Flash Player, please refer to steps mentioned on Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through all of these steps - checked settings on chrome to ensure that Flash is enabled, re-installed Flash, Checked to see that Chrome is up to date.  Still doesn't work.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amandaj38652783​,

Which browser are you using?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check browser version of Chrome anf Flash Player version installed. To check Chrome version installed go to chrome://settings/help page. For Flash Player check on Adobe - Flash Player .

Could you check if any other page using Flash is working fine. You can check on Flash Player Help  page.

Please share the url where you are observing issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Chrome version 59.0.3071.115, which it says is up to date.  For Flash, I have version 26.0.0.131.  When i go to the Flash Player Help page, the little picture at the bottom has clouds moving past it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

The Google support document Adobe Flash isn't working - Chrome Help  also contains this, and more information on troubleshooting Flash in Chrome, and is kept updated by Google.

Also, Please try the following:

• launch chrome
  • navigate to chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash
  • The flag is most likely set to Default
  • change the flag to Disabled
  • relaunch Chrome
  • Does Flash content display now?

For google Chrome you may access the Flash Player Global Settings using link: Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Security Settings panel. You can also get this link when you right-click any flash content and choose "Global Settings" from the context menu. Then follow below steps to add any location to trusted locations for Chrome.

• On the page opened select "Global Security Settings panel" from the left panel.
  • To add any file/folder click on Edit location -> Add location
  • Paste the path to the file/folder in the input box below "Trust this location:"
  • To delete any location select that location from the menu and choose "delete location" and then confirm

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As stated above in your reply, you can see the clouds moving, it means Flash Player is installed and enabled. You can cross check with some other site that uses Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried the "Adobe Flash isn't working - Chrome Help", unsuccessfully.  I tried setting the flag to disabled.  This has not helped.  I also going to the global security settings panel.  Once there, I both changed it to state "always allow" and put in the site as a specific site to be allowed.  I went back to the desired page and it didn't work.  When I checked, it still says that Flash is installed but disabled.  This site always worked until July 1.  I don't understand why this problem has arisen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • There has been no changes to Flash Player since mid-June when the last version was released.  If the site stopped working on July 1st most likely something changed on the site, or an update was installed that changed the behaviour.

Note that all browsers are essentially disabling Flash Player and setting Flash to click-to-play by default.  This results in content not working correctly with the new browser rules and most often content developers need to modify their code to comply with the new browser functionality.  Google has also implemented a Site Engagement Index score. This score is determined by how often a site is visited and there is a threshold that is set for when Flash will display by default.  Until this threshold is reached Flash is click-to-play on the site.

The following resources may be of assistance in explaining what this change is and what it means to the end-user.

Chrome:

Edge:

As usual, posting a direct link to the exact page/content not working is always beneficial when attempting to troubleshoot issues.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines