• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working

Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question

I downloaded the new Flash Player. It says it's installed. Now I can't get any videos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser & OS are you using?

Modern browsers block Flash Player plugin by default.  You need to specifically Allow Flash on trusted sites from your browser's advanced settings.   Have you done that yet? 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Safari and OS X. And yes I have allowed Flash on all the sites. Still can't watch any videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions. The site was enabled. All of the sites were listed as "on''. Still can't get any videos. I might need to go back to an earlier version of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're constantly making changes to harden security in Flash Player, and those changes can be reverse-engineered by bad actors, who then target systems that don't update.  Running anything less than the current version is a bad idea.

Do these videos work for you?

Akamai Edge Flash Demo

If they do, there's a good chance that it's a problem with the content provider and not you.  Without a link to a problem video, it's really hard to say.

If the video above does not work, my first suggestion would be to try a different browser.  Chrome and Firefox are both good options.

Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

You might also try disabling hardware acceleration:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

It's probably worth pointing out that MacOS 10.9 is the minimum supported version of MacOS.  If you're on an old MacOS version, updating to the latest MacOS might help.

Also, do you have anything like an ad-blocker, anti-tracking plugin, anti-javascript plug-in or third party internet security suite or software firewall installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TY, It's help me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.

Everything was working fine for my camera within my web portal but i suspect a recent google chrome update caused it to stop working.

Now Adobe flash player is unable to select the camera in google chrome. IE and Firefox works fine.

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines