• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working.

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the free verison of Adobe and I cannot record a video for my classes I am taking. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear that Flash Player has anything to do with recording a video. Please give us more details of what you are trying to do, what recording app you use, and what happens. Please give any error messages in full. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player does not record video.  Which Adobe software did you download/install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like maybe you're trying to use a classroom video conferencing solution that uses Flash Player. 

To give you specific advice on what to do, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

That said, there are a couple things you can probably check without waiting for an answer: 

1.) Make sure Flash Player is enabled in your browser.  Most browsers block Flash Player by default at this point.  Make sure that Flash is set to Allow (not Ask) for the course website.  Details: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

2.) If you want a website to be able to use the camera and microphone on your computer, you must load it over HTTPS.  Make sure there's a lock icon next to the address in your browser's address bar.  The browsers generally hide the protocol by default now, but if you double-click on the address bar, it should expand to show that the address starts with either HTTPS:// or HTTP:// .  It *has* to be HTTPS if you want the camera and mic to work.

If you have it set to HTTPS, you should get a prompt to access the camera from either (or both, depending on the browser) Flash or the Browser.  You need to allow access to the camera and mic when prompted. 

3.) If neither of those help, you should try a couple browsers (they're all a little different), and/or talk to the technical support folks for the course software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines