• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Not Working

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I had Microsoft security update (Windows 10 edge) and since then I can't view flash videos. I followed the steps : Settings -  Advanced Settings - enable flash player  but the flash player is still not working . Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you checked the version of Windows 10 and followed all steps mentioned on Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge page according to your Windows 10 version? You can refer to the same page to find out the steps to check what version of Win10 you have.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything and nothing works. It is driving me crazy. I hate it. It says that adobe flash player is enabled then it says it isn't when I go to upload a document in a publishing site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shanakd9

If you've followed the recommendations in the troubleshooting document and Flash Player is still not enabled in the site you need it's quite possible the site has not been updated to work correctly with Microsoft's click-to-play changes and you should report the issue to the site you are attempting to use and/or report the site to Microsoft.  According to the Microsoft blog post Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog​:

If the website you are visiting is trying to show you Flash content and you do not see the puzzle piece in the address bar please click the Ellipses, go to “Send Feedback” in the menu, then “Report site issue”, and write in the description that you believe this site is not working due to Flash Click-to-Run.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sushilap16915682

Please provide the following:

• Exact URL to the content that is not playing
  • Windows 10 Version and OS Build:
    • Go to Settings > System > About
    • post the Version number and OS Build number

I am unable to reproduce.  I installed the most recent updates on two machines: one Windows 10 Version 1607, and the other Version 1703.  I then viewed Flash content and was prompted to click on the puzzle piece to allow Flash Player content to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are definitely instances that we're aware of, and which we've informed the Edge team about, where the puzzle piece icon is not displayed for Flash content on the page.  The current response from Microsoft is that their click to play feature works to their satisfaction, and that the content provider needs to update their website to conform to Microsoft's new expectations.

Unfortunately, since these restrictions are imposed on Flash Player by the browser, there's not a workaround that we can offer.

In short, you have the choice to either use a different browser, or report the issue to the content provider and/or Edge teams and wait for a fix.  In many ways, complaints from actual Edge users carry more weight than complaints from a handful of people on our product team, particularly when there's a lot of feedback coming their way.  If you really like Edge and aren't happy with the changes, definitely share that feedback with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines