• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Notice

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a pop-up message citing, "Flash Player will no longer be supported after Dec. 2020."

Unable to find any more info. about who sent the message, what it means, how not having Flash Drive will effect my internet access, etc. 

Need answers.

Thanks 109 

[moderator: edited title from "Flash Drive Notice" to "Flash Player Notice" to reflect actual topic]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the pop-up message that you're seeing?  Is it in Chrome browser?  Please post a screenshot so we know exactly what you are referring to.

Adobe announced in July 2017 that Flash Player would be end-of-lifed at the end of 2020.  See https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/ for more information.

I'm not sure how Flash Player EOL affects your internet access, as Flash Player is a browser plugin.  Please expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to the "End of Life" announcement, does Adobe plan to replace this plugin?  If so, what is the new app called and how do I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no replacement plugin.

Content providors will need to migrate their Flash content to some other technology, such s HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly, etc as noted in the announcement I linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Flash Player is nothing to do with flash drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines