Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player...of course

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ro all. I'm from Germany..so sorry if I type anything wrong 🙂

I' using the last possible version of firefox to work with the Flash Player.

And I'm a user of a Gaming Site the is not supported any longer by it's creator. But we are still an active community there. In fact it is more like a family.

So, is there a possible solution the walk around adobes blocking of flash player content on the web?

For the games on the site are all flash player based!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

"Except that, as of today, 14th January 2021, Facebook is STILL advising people having difficulty uploading photos from a desktop to ensure they have the latest version of Adobe Flash."

Facebook has been aware of Flash Player's end-of-life as noted by several documents on their site:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find a way, I suggest you keep it quiet, since Adobe are working hard to make sure Flash is really blocked, and gone. Rightly, in my view, they should stop people who don't understand the risks from trying to expose themself to terrible risks so they can play some game or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry. It was Adobe's support team that urged me to post my question here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's support team are not supposed to talk to anyone about free products. So they send you here... but not because there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't listen depressive people, in computer world (and life) there is always solutions.  DIY method  is usually the best way to learn them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all ears (and eyes) if you have any solution for the problem. Or maybe it will help to be patient? May they will stop blocking Flash-Player content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the near future of SWF is open source, search on github.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and believe it or not: I wasn't aware of the EOL of the FP before the end of 2020. The other gamers on my site as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and browser makers blocked Flash for security reasons.  They do not want you to keep using Flash Player.  And now that Adobe has ended product support, there will never be another security patch for Flash Player which could leave you and your computer vulnerable to attacks.  For your protection and to keep your computer safe, Adobe recommends that you uninstall Flash Player.

Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Content creators had 3+ years advanced notice this was coming. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

So they had ample time to prepare.  If the project was important to them, they would have done everything necessary to replace flash with other technologies and keep the site alive. But since they didn't care, neither should you. 

I'm sorry to say this because it's not what most people want to hear.  But there is no future for flash on the web.  After January 12th, it would not surprise me to see en masse shutdowns of flash-based sites.  All the workarounds in the world can't help you.  Suggest you find other interests.  There are plenty of HTML5 games online.

Good luck!  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Adobe's Flash Player uninstallers do NOT remove browser embedded versions of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that, as of today, 14th January 2021, Facebook is STILL advising people having difficulty uploading photos from a desktop to ensure they have the latest version of Adobe Flash. So you're either misinformed or they lied.

I have to note that in all my 30-odd years of using Adobe Flash I never had a single problem. Also of note is the VERY quiet way Adobe announced this. Like many, MANY, others, I was completely unaware that this was taking place. Where-ever they announced it back in '17 it was NOT in any of the places I frequented online.

A ppor show, a very poor show indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Except that, as of today, 14th January 2021, Facebook is STILL advising people having difficulty uploading photos from a desktop to ensure they have the latest version of Adobe Flash."

Facebook has been aware of Flash Player's end-of-life as noted by several documents on their site:

An internet search for "facebook flash player end-of-life" returns many, many more results.   If they're still prompting for this, the issue is with them not updating their software prior to Adobe's end-of-life.

"Also of note is the VERY quiet way Adobe announced this."

Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life July 2017, giving content developers over 3 years to migrate their content to different technology.  See https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/. Many different publications (both print and online) have commented extensively on Flash Player's end-of-life since the announcement was made in July 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this guy in our gaming community. He played one of the flash games today so there HAS to be a way around the porblem. Unfortunately the guy doesn't communicate in the german or english language.....*sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gamer an 'my' gaming site..he is still playing Flash based games. How can this be possible???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no ideas? Suggestions, Solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have to say that I fully agree with what Maati5FB5 wrote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flash Player is a potenital security risk" they say. What kind of risk? What do I really risk by keeping it installed. Can somebody explain?

And can somebody PLEASE explain why there is this guy on my fav. gaming site who can still play the Flash-Games while we others can't??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's widely known that all 3rd party browser plugins pose potential security risks which is why the browser vendors killed plugins.  Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, Real Player, Shockwave and now Flash Player are all dead.

Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches. Adobe strongly recommends that you uninstall Flash Player immediately. To help secure your system, Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. Major browser vendors have disabled and will continue to disable Flash Player from running.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines