Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Playback w/Google Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently changed browser from FireFox to Google Chrome on my Windows XP 2003 operating system. Everything with Flash was fine in the beginning, (30 days ago) but slowly the playback has become more jittery in small window mode, if I switch to fuul screen the image becomes exagerated with jittering and the volume control become erratic in adjustment.

I have not notified Google of this issue as all other Chrome issues work fine, with the exception of Flash Player 11.3, whis is supposed to be the latest version automatic update through Google Chrome.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Casey Pons

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

The first one was Pepper plug-in, Casey. It says PepperFlash.

Please see the screenshot below and click Disable that I highlighted, by following the instructions in the link that I gave you.

chrome_plugin.GIF

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casey,

Could you please try the solution provided in the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sunil,

That link you highlighted was "unable to be found," was the notification I received.

Thank you for your reply, maybe Flash is not the only issue with Google Chrome I am having. 

Can we try something else, as this gets worse every day.

Casey Pons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casey,

Sorry about it. Here is the correct link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil There is no Pepper Version available in this screen shot. Trust me I appreciate your assistance. 

Plug-ins (10) Details

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11.3.31.230Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Name: Shockwave Flash

Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Version: 11.3.31.230

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.OWNER-532735D01\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types: MIME type Description File extensions

application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash .swf

application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player .spl

Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Version: 11,3,300,271

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.OWNER-532735D01\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\gcswf32.dll

Type: NPAPI

Disable

application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie .swf

application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie .spl

Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Version: 11,3,300,271

Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_3_300_271.dll

Disable

application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie .swf

application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie .spl

Disable  Always allowed

Remoting Viewer

Name: Remoting Viewer

Version:

Type: PPAPI (in-process)

Disable

application/vnd.chromium.remoting-viewer .

Disable  Always allowed

Native Client

Name: Native Client

Version:

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.OWNER-532735D01\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\ppGoogleNaClPluginChrome.dll

Disable

application/x-nacl Native Client Executable .nexe

Disable  Always allowed

Chrome PDF Viewer

Name: Chrome PDF Viewer

Version:

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.OWNER-532735D01\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\pdf.dll

Disable

application/pdf Portable Document Format .pdf

application/x-google-chrome-print-preview-pdf Portable Document Format .pdf

Disable  Always allowed

Adobe Acrobat - Version: 10.1.4.38

Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4

Name: Adobe Acrobat

Description: Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4

Version: 10.1.4.38

Location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Browser\nppdf32.dll

Disable

application/pdf Acrobat Portable Document Format .pdf

application/vnd.adobe.pdfxml Adobe PDF in XML Format .pdfxml

application/vnd.adobe.x-mars Adobe PDF in XML Format .mars

application/vnd.fdf Acrobat Forms Data Format .fdf

application/vnd.adobe.xfdf XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Format .xfdf

application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Package .xdp

application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml Adobe FormFlow99 Data File .xfd

Disable  Always allowed

QuickTime (7 files) - Version: 7.7.1 (1680.42)

The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

Disable

video/x-m4v Video (protected) .m4v

image/x-macpaint MacPaint image .pntg .pnt .mac

image/pict PICT image .pict .pic .pct

image/x-pict PICT image .pict .pic .pct

image/x-quicktime QuickTime image .qtif .qti

image/x-sgi SGI image .sgi .rgb

image/x-targa TGA image .targa .tga

image/jp2 JPEG2000 image .jp2

Name: QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.1

Description: The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

Version: 7.7.1 (1680.42)

Disable

image/jpeg2000 JPEG2000 image .jp2

image/jpeg2000-image JPEG2000 image .jp2

image/x-jpeg2000-image JPEG2000 image .jp2

Disable  Always allowed

Google Update - Version: 1.3.21.115

Name: Google Update

Version: 1.3.21.115

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.OWNER-532735D01\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\1.3.21.115\npGoogleUpdate3.dll

Disable

application/x-vnd.google.update3webcontrol.3

application/x-vnd.google.oneclickctrl.9

Disable  Always allowed

Google Earth Plugin - Version: 6.2.0.5788

GEPlugin

Name: Google Earth Plugin

Description: GEPlugin

Version: 6.2.0.5788

Location: C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\plugin\npgeplugin.dll

Disable

application/geplugin GEPlugin

Disable  Always allowed

Silverlight - Version: 5.1.10411.0

Name: Silverlight Plug-In

Version: 5.1.10411.0

Location: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.10411.0\npctrl.dll

Disable

application/x-silverlight npctrl .scr

application/x-silverlight-2

Disable  Always allowed

Windows Presentation Foundation - Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP

Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers

Name: Windows Presentation Foundation

Description: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers

Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP

Location: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\NPWPF.dll

Disable

application/x-ms-xbap XAML Browser Application .xbap

application/xaml+xml XAML Document .xaml

Disable  Always allowed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one was Pepper plug-in, Casey. It says PepperFlash.

Please see the screenshot below and click Disable that I highlighted, by following the instructions in the link that I gave you.

chrome_plugin.GIF

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Sorry, I have been blinded by the light, I guess. You were right it was the very first one. 

OK So, I disabled the Pepper Flash option. I have just re-booted my computer and will check operation in the manner discussed previous.

I will inform you of the results.

My apologies for overlooking your accurate instructions.

Many Thanks,

Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Thank you so much for your time resolving this issue with the Flash Player/playback issues.

I disabled the PepperFlash plugin on the 24th of August. And it rectified the volume control issue,full screen jittering. However just yesterday on the 30th of August Flash sent me an upgrade to perform. After the upgrade the above issues returned. So, I went through your instruction and disabled the PepperFlash pugin, once again. 

Can I assume that when I get my upgrades from Flash that they will come with PepperFlash enabled?

Now I now the procedure to disable, it's no problem. Just curious.

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casey,

Sorry for the delay in response. It may not be a Flash update. I think it must be a Chrome update.

You could use this workaround if you find issues with Chrome. In future, this issue will be fixed.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Thank you so much for all your assistance. I totally agree with you about the other issues, as they are Google Chrome issues.

Thanks Again,

Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casey,

The pepper plugin is bundled with chrome and will probably be re-enabled anytime there is an update to chrome. Not sure you can force it to stay disabled. There is a bug report for chrome, you may want to add your info to it if you experience it with latest version. You can find it here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=139953

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ebyr;

Thanks for the reply follow-up and link. I am still having some reloading issues with YT videos but I believe they are Google Chrome issues I am pursuing. Flash seems to work fine once the Pepper Flash is disabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for talking about this!! I have a question. Novice here but trying to learn quickly and figure out all this plugin/extensions/flash stuff, because my Google Chrome browser is not working like it should. And definitely not living up to it's buzz with me at the moment! Anyway...

When I get to the plugin screen which looks much like what you posted above, I've disabled everything as far as the Shockwave Flash/Pepperflash plugins that I need and was discussed on this thread. However, my question is this: I have all of the 7 or so plugins for QuickTime Player enabled right now, and still have the pepperflash disabled as well. Why are there so many listings of QTime, are they essential to something specific, or designed to work with Chrome and other versions of flash? I know the pepperflash vs. real version of Shockwave debate says to disable Pepper and keep the others because they confllict with each other and slow things down, so in my mind having Shockwave and all the different QTime plugins it would do something similar. is this correct that you know of, or have heard about? I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere about having Quicktime cause the same issues. I would very much appreciate your advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have noticed is that sometimes I will (on occasion) have to go back into the (plug-in) settings and disable the (Shockwave/Pepperflash) Plug-in for reasons not quite known. Maybe it reverts back to an enabled status due to automatic upgrades from Google.

Google does not seem to be very helpful in my estimation regarding their browser, unfortunately.

I cannot help you on the QTime Player concerns. Maybe Sunil can as has helped me with the initial issue.

Good Luck

Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it seem like karma stalks me about everyday, 2 laptops 3 phones and now my Dell laptop seems to have a flash player issue SMH, And just as i was gitting groceries out of the car so my wife i got bit in tha ass by a big black dog! yep it appears the neighbor aquired a new ''mans best friend today'' Just lovely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're posting on a thread that's almost 8 years old.  Since the topic is related to Chrome, I'm assuming you're using Chrome.

Chrome blocks Flash by default and forces users to enable it for each session.  When the user exits out of Chrome, Chrome deletes the user preferences.  This is controlled by the browser and Adobe/Flash Player have nothing to do with this.

See Google's https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784 support document for help with Flash Player in Chrome.

With regards to Flash Player on mobile:  Flash has not been supported on Android devices in almost 7 years and it was never supported on iOS, or other mobile platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines