• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Privacy Settings Icon is Blocking My Poser 10 Libraries.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe notified me that Flash Player was Ending it's service life and that I should uninstall it, I did so.

Then 2 days aggo I started up my Poser 10 3d program and found the Flash Player Settings/Global Settings icon where the Libraries box should be (see below).

I have downloaded the Uninstaller and tried that twice to no avail, while this damned icon continues to render  Poser 10 useless.

What do I have to do to get rid of this problem and why hasn't Adobe created a patch or program to rectify a situation that must be affecting thousands of computers.

TOPICS
End of life , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Current versions of Poser have removed the dependency on Flash Player.  You can either upgrade or use the workaround documented above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Poser.ini found in your settings normally in

AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/ "Version of Poser"

Open the Poser.ini with Preferable Notepad ++ Free software. Activate in search Incremental search ! search for the line

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0 and replace with LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0 and replace to LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

the second might vary and makes no difference once you made the changes it will always drop to type 1 ... save your changes and your library will work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this would be helpful if I was a programmer. Since I'm not, this was useless. I'm still stuck with Poser10 that I cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not an Adobe problem.  Poser 12 came out last month. The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license.

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Good luck with your new software!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player end of life announcement was issued 3-1/2 years ago giving Poser and other developers more than ample lead time that this was coming.  You should contact Poser directly and ask them for an updated version that doesn't need Flash Player.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current versions of Poser have removed the dependency on Flash Player.  You can either upgrade or use the workaround documented above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines