Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player problem

Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, iv'e got this problem with Adobe Flah Player, when i watch youtube or other videos online in full screen, after some time it starts crashing, shows green screen and starts jumping trough video. I can't find a solution, im using Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, Flash player version 11,5,502,110. All drivers are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

The problem comes from the combination of Windows x64, latest Flash Player and some ATI video cards, at least that is what I found by searching a bunch of other forums.

In my case, I have a HD7750 on Windows 7 x64, with catalyst 12.10, flash player version 11.5.502.110 and I get the green screen when using Firefox and IE9. I can tell you for sure that it happend as well with the previous flash player version and also with the previous catalyst. I installed the new flash player version (11.5.502.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same thing happen if you disable Hardware Acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just watched a few videos without Hardware Acc still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and I absolutely must ditch Firefox because of it. Why doesn't this sort of thing happen in Chrome? What's the difference as far as the plugins are concerned? I have an awesome video card and I can't even watch basic flash videos because they are so choppy. I've disabled hardware acceleration in both Firefox and Flash. This is really making me hate Flash Player.

Windows 8, 64bit, Flash Player version 11,5,502,110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Opera, Chrome didin't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ummyonose - By default, Chrome uses a different version of the plugin (PPAPI vs NPAPI).

@Foxas - Did you have any better luck with Opera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i dont think problem is in browser, reinstaled windows a not long ago, didint help, but i dont understand why does it crash after some time, only in full screen :?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem comes from the combination of Windows x64, latest Flash Player and some ATI video cards, at least that is what I found by searching a bunch of other forums.

In my case, I have a HD7750 on Windows 7 x64, with catalyst 12.10, flash player version 11.5.502.110 and I get the green screen when using Firefox and IE9. I can tell you for sure that it happend as well with the previous flash player version and also with the previous catalyst. I installed the new flash player version (11.5.502.110) with fingers crossed that they might have solved it, but no luck.

Reinstalling Windows also did not help, I just did that a few days ago because I got a new SSD, same story.

Chrome seems to work just fine for me as I am able to watch most of the videos without this issue.

I hope a fix will be provided soon.

And apparently a fix for this issue was already found as I was browsing this Adobe forum, all you need to do is uninstall these 2 windows updates:

KB2735855 and KB2750841.

One of them (KB2750841) appears to be rather useless from my point of view as from it's description: This update improves the performance when you migrate from an IPv4 environment to an IPv6 environment.

These are not security updates and can be uninstalled without any concerns. I have uninstalled them both and marked them as hidden and I currently enjoy watching full HD videos in fullscreen with IE9 and Firefox without any green surprises

More details here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4859584#4859584

and here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332920

After fully reading the forum from the second link, I have also found out that these 2 updates are also responsible for corrupting some "*.exe" and "*.zip" downloads in IE9. I remember that some time ago I did not have any issues downloading anything, but then after checking the release & install date of the two updates, I found it clear that this was the cause for the corrupted downloads.

Message was edited by: OrpheusYo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you man! Haven't got problem with youtube, and fixed those corrupt rar's, thank you very much for this post! ^-^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I hope that others with the same issue will find this before they start to blame their hardware, or drivers, or even flash player for this.

I guess sometimes updating windows is not such a great idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, i didn't even thought that windows update could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niether did I, but apparently every thing you install/modify has an impact to the system...

I should have remembered this myself, because I had all sort of problems in the past with computers and I usually found the solution by reversing the system to the previous state - uninstalling software and updates one by one until the issue dissapeared...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I must sorry for my English.

I'm using Windows x64-bit, latest Flash Player and Geforce GTX 460M and using Opera browser and I also have had this problem. But after uninstalling those two windows updates problem was solved. Thank you for this info. I've also been using eset smart security 5 (with this anti-virus problem appeard), I've tried latest Norton - disappeard. After trial ended - I've tried Bitdefender (which I'm using now) and problem came back.

So as I understand problem appears when Anti-virus asks you to install "important" Windows updates because if I remember correctly Norton never asked me to do that.

Nevertheless problem solved after uninstalling those 2 updates (of course after restart Windows shows that there is 2 important updates and gues what? It's those two:) ).

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, well thank OrpheusYo for that lol. If not for him we probably would still have this problem, cuz i googled a lot and didin't find anything useful to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for replying back to this thread with your results.  We're trying to contact the appropriate parties at Microsoft to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you so much for your advise. I’ve waited a few days after I followed your suggestion of a possible missing plug-in to make sure it that popup window didn’t come up again. After four days that I found and added one that was to be downloaded, the popup window has not come up. I thank you very very much because it was impossible to work with it coming up all the time. Your very appreciative buddy,
DGD7

Adobe Support Community Adobe Support Community

Hi GDG7,

maria__1 just posted in a community you follow.

Aug 20, 2020 03:41 AM in Flash Player
Re: Pop up window from Flash Player

Hi, thank you so much for your advise. I’ve waited a few days after I followed your suggestion of a possible missing plug-in to make sure it that popup window didn’t come up again. After four days that I found and added one that was to be downloaded, the popup window has not come up. I thank you very very much because it was impossible to work with it coming up all the time. Your very appreciative buddy,
DGD7

There are different plugins of Flash Player for different browsers. The notification is for one of those. The Flash Player download page (https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer) auto-detects the OS and browser and offers the Flash Player plugin for that combination. If you keep getting the update notification, you most likely have a plugin for a different browser that needs to be updated.

To see which plugin is out-dated, go to System Prefererences > Flash Player > Updates tab. This will tell you which Flash Player plugins are installed for which browsers and the version for each. The latest version is 32.0.0.414. If one of these is an older version, click Check Now to update the out-dated version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I just recently got the "green screen of death" as I like to call it.    And, the solution above will probably work, I think.  But ... is the only way to remove the updates to scroll and check the number of every single update until I find it?  There's hundreds in Win7, there must be a faster way. 
If you can help me with that, the tyvm!

edit: Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/Hotfix/KbHotfix?kbnum=2789397&kbln=en-GB still hasn't arrived by email, does it usually take MS a long time to send the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a thread from 2012.  There's a lot of dubious advice in this thread, and while the symptoms might sound the same, the underyling root-case is almost certainly different (unless you haven't patched your drivers, operating system, browser or Flash Player in the last eight years).  

If you're having an issue, please start a new thread, and use the following guide on how to get a good answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines