• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player problems with PDF that has multi-media content (voice recordings).

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  - I created a presentation in Presenter 9 that contains audio recordings, published it as a pdf and sent it to my client's offices all over the U.S., as well as Japan, Belgium, Germany, South America and France. No one has had an issue viewing/hearing the presentation except one office, located in California.  When they try to open it, they get the following message:

"To view the flash technololgy content in this pdf file, please install the required version of flash player."

Because of the message, and the fact that everyone else can open the presentation, I think the issue is related to the version of Flash Player the CA office is using, and that it is not a "Presenter" problem.  The operating system and software details are as follows:

Windows 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit

Internet Explorer 11.0.13, 32-bit

Adobe Reader XI Version 11.0.09

Acrobat 9 Pro Version 9.0.0

Adobe Flash Player 15 ActiveX

I would welcome any advice you might have.  This is difficult for me to troubleshoot as I am not having the problem, my client is.

Thanks -

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

To view rich media content in Adobe Reader XI on Windows, you will need to install the Flash Player plugin; the ActiveX will not work for that purpose.

Download it from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view rich media content in Adobe Reader XI on Windows, you will need to install the Flash Player plugin; the ActiveX will not work for that purpose.

Download it from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat -

Thank you so much for your response. I will give it a try.

Best regards,

Susan

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Pat Willener <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines