• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player projector dont start Game after PC reset

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am playing a browsergame, but using the standalone Player Projector. We are using on 2 PC for 2 different Player. My PC sometimes freeze after Startup when on the Windows Desktop. Not eben the Mouse move anymore. So i need to reset the PC. After that it works normaly

2 Days ago it happens to freeze after i start the Player and autostart the Game file .swf from an URL. My PC now start the game Splashscreen and dont load the Game itself. On the other PC it still works good in Standalone. On my PC it still works in browser. So i think there is not a change in the game that stops me from using. Also, the Hint to use this option comes from the Gamecompany itself, because they are aware, Browserflash is little bit laggy even on fast maschines

PC are both Win7, 64bit, Nvidia GT750, 8/12 GB RAM, SSD, using Firefox, the crashed one is a older i7, 4+4 Core, >3GHz, the running one is a i5, 4Core, 1,5 Years old. Flashplayer Standalone v26.00.151. I update it to the newest v27, still the same. I go to flash options and clean the cache. No change. I search all tempfiles in the well known places in the system and delete it, no change. My guess is, there must be a corrupt file from the crash, i need to delete, but i dont know where the projector store this file. Where can i find this temporäry files?

If more infos are nessessary, pls ask, i try to provide them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just recap:

You downloaded a SWF from a game site, and you're running it in the Standalone Flash Player, but after your machine crashed, it doesn't work anymore.

If you go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced and choose Delete All, does this solve your problem?

If not, I'd run a sanity check on the filesystem and then delete and download a new copy of the game.

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah correct

I did all, you told above, allready. Delete all caches i find, search all temp folders in Windows, Userspace, etc and delete all there. And of cause i run checkdisk and i download the 27 Version new with the same problem. 

What i know, the start-file is only around 147kb, but the game must be much bigger. So i guess the splashscreen/logo of the company is stored there and then it download the rest after. It seems this first part is loading, but this download in the background of the program is not working. Usually this is a problem of the userprogramm(the Game) but then, why is it running an the next maschine beside me and why is it running in browsermode, where the same file is loaded. I am playing now in Browser, but its slower there, much slower. It was running very good in standaloneplayer until the crash.

Maybe some kind of registry entry or what ever. I dont know, end of my knowledge at the moment. No change even when i let it run for around 10 Minute, i hope after any timeout it will continue and finaly load the rest. But nothing happens, Just the splashscreen and a running circle which indicate something is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted the SWF on the affected machine and downloaded a new copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that was my problem at least. To find this file. I'm opening a URL, not a local file, store it local and open it dont start the game. This URL point directly to a .swf file, which is only 147kb big. And its stored on a place i dont find and which is NOT affected if i use clean all from the flash-player control-panel.

https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf

Thats the URL i open in standalone Flashplayer to play the game, the browser URL is a little different, because its redirecting from bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com to this file. Im hope posting URLs in that case is allowed.

And for now, windows delete it for me. My guess: the caching hast a expiry date and now yesterday evening this date runs out and a new copy was loaded and it works correct now.

So, my problem is solved atm, still it would be a good hint to tell on which places flashplayer store his local caching files. The problem was this file and the caching that is not deleted by control-panel function.

thx for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that if it *is* storing state, it's probably doing it in the same directory that the SWF lives in.  If you blew away the whole folder when you re-downloaded the SWF, there's a good chance that's what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as a lazy man i am, i just start it out of the download folder, where Firefox store all downloads. But i will check this. Your right, i dont not look deeper in this folder. It is after some years full of files from all kind of downloads i did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines