Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player quit in middle of viewing, saying disabled, won't enable

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

217 Jul. 20 08.56.jpgWindows 7 ===Flash 260.0.137===Chrome 59.0.3071.115====Firefox 54.01.6388

I was watching USeewildlife.com yesterday when 1 of the pages timed out, I couldn't get back any of the other cams again. The 2nd page timed out & I couldn't get any cam at all since then. I hit a cam & get213 Jul. 19 12.42.jpguntill I click play and just get blackScreenHunter_57033 Jul. 19.jpgthe weather widget uses the flash player & that works. Other people are getting the cams so it's not a site problem. I un installed, re installed  player. I have the sites marked as allow flash. Little puzzle thingy on the right pops up saying it's been disabled but when I try to enable it I can't.   217 Jul. 20 08.56.jpg    I go to setting page & it's enabled there, allowed.. I've even gone back & restored to a couple of weeks ago.. cleaned out cache. Please give me any kind of advise. I have done everything possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's where I'd start:

1.) Restart the computer

If the problem persists:

2.) Disable AdBlock Pro

3.) Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've disabled adblock, tried everything, 2 cams worked for 1 day on Chrome * IE, Only 1 worked on firefox. Today none worked. I can't enable it. As far as I know it's enabled. I have tied everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem persist after rebooting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been like this since mid morning July 18. 1st 1 cam timed out, couldn't get any back, 2nd cam timed out couldn't get any back. All in my original post. Most frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you fully powered the computer down (to let the cameras fully discharge) since the symptoms started?  If not, please do that now.  Does the problem persist?

Long story short, it's almost certainly going to be a problem underneath us (hardware, drivers, multimedia subsystem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get other live streaming webcams that use adobe flash like earthcam & skyline,no problem, just can't get Deer Run Live Video Stream  site anymore but can get  Deer Run Live Cam - USeeWildlife, Ustream.TV: This is the LIVE cam named Deer Run from USeeWildlife.... which is also adobe, debating on bringing it into the shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally sank in that you're not actually having a problem with an attached webcam, but simply in viewing a remote video stream.

It looks like all of those feeds are served up by UStream.  If the problem was Flash Player, it would be an all-or-nothing situation.  That some of them just randomly stopped working while others continue is a pretty good indicator that something is wrong at or before the streaming server that provides the feed to you.

The fact that multiple videos from the same provider fail indicate that the more likely source if the issue is somewhere along the chain between the source camera and you.  The content provider (UStream) is in the best position to help resolve it.  (It's extremely unlikely that there's anything on your side that would improve the situation)

For what it's worth, I'm able to see most of those feeds, but they do seem to be intermittently failing.  Given that internet access in rural locations is frequently wireless and not the fastest or most reliable thing ever, this isn't super surprising.  There are a lot of variables in between that camera and you, and any failure or bottleneck along the way would be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sort of figured it had to be something at his end. Ever since he went to ustream he has had trouble and over the last 4 years it was getting worse with a lot of pixies. IS changing streamers soon I was told. The cams do go off a lot, Hope his techie gets back to me

Aug 6 & still am having problems with that site, Still can't get any cams with that page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines