Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Real Date of content blocking

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did a test with a computer for which I changed the date in the future. The result was that I could not access the Flash Player plugin anymore from Chrome and Edge after January 11th (so starting January 12th). 

Although I perfectly understand that Flash Player stops being supported on December 31st 2020 and that it is not secure to use it after that time, could you please confirm if my test is valid and that without doing any whitelising, Flash Player will continue to work until January 11th? 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Flash Player EOL was January 1st.  We allowed for a grace period so that system administrators that were surprised by Flash EOL would have time to get back from their winter vacations and make any last minute changes required.  We're at the end of that grace period now, and Flash Player will no longer load content from the open web.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably not a valid test.  I don't think anyone can guarantee it will hold up because Windows and the browsers will send out their own kill switches when the time comes.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player EOL was January 1st.  We allowed for a grace period so that system administrators that were surprised by Flash EOL would have time to get back from their winter vacations and make any last minute changes required.  We're at the end of that grace period now, and Flash Player will no longer load content from the open web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines