• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player reinstalls automatically after uninstall

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove Flash Player from Windows 10. If I use the uninstaller on the app list, the program is removed, but upon restart, it reappears in my app list. The same thing happens if I use the Adobe uninstaller. And I have used the Microsoft uninstall they pushed out a few weeks ago.

The program is listed in my apps list as Adobe Flash Player 28 PPAPI.

To be clear, I am not talking about the Flash embedded in browsers, but the Flash program on my computer.

Any advice? I'm guessing there is some instruction in there somewhere telling adobe to install.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you can get through chkdsk, try all the other stuff again.

Run the uninstaller: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

You should be able to confirm that the relevant folders are empty/gone after you run it.

If it's back after you reboot, something external to us is reinstalling it.  I'd look at the list of applications that start up automatically as a next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your continuing help!

It comes back after reboot.
I just went through a thorough review of my computer with Malwarebytes. They feel confident there is no virus on my computer.

I have disabled every Adobe program in my start up. Here's the current list:

clairea76016796_0-1616513319500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know Adobe won't be installing it, so disabling Adobe apps won't help. The list of things started is also much, much more than this list.

But let's take a step back. What exactly is installed? For example a specific named file or folder? And after you uninstall, have you verified that it is gone? You say "The program is listed in my apps list" but the apps list can't really be used to prove anything. What is the file, specifically? And indeed, what is the program, since FLASH ISN'T AN APP!! It might be something pretending to be Flash, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! I realise I was fooled by your screen shot which looks like a Mac, but is in fact Windows, as you told us before. So, let's not look in the list of installed apps, which isn't always reliable. What about actual files or folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the results of a C: drive Flash search:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As posted various times in this thread, the application to which I am referring is listed in my program applications as: Adobe Flash Player 28 PPAPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And here is a screen shot of the results of a Flash search in C:/Windows

clairea76016796_0-1616680682334.png/windos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines