• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player says its disabled, i enabled it and still wont work on app.

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use an arlo app and every time i try to view the security footage it says the latest version of adove flash player needs to installed and gives me the link. I go through the process to enable flash under Microsoft edge. Nothing is working the app still wont let me view the cameras. I went and even downloaded a different app of adobe flash player and nothing. Any one know how i can fix this problem??

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Performance , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with arlo app, not Flash Player.

All browsers block/disable Flash by default, and have been for quite some time.  The browsers rely on the content's Flash detection script to detect if the content requires Flash, and if so, to prompt the user to enable/allow Flash.  If the content isn't coded correctly, the browser doesn't know to prompt you to allow/enable Flash.  This isn't a new issue with arlo, as there are many posts on here, but either way, arlo needs to fix their content. They actually need to migrate away from Flash as Flash is going away at the end of the year.

Alternatively, you can try a different browser to see if you get better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you might check our instructions for enabling Flash in your browser, just to make sure you're not missing a step: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

The alternative is to experiment with a couple different browsers, but also, definitely complain to Arlo support about the bad experience.  The more support traffic they get, the more likely they are to prioritize the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines