• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player screwed up printing altogether. How do I remove it quickly?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was tricked into downloading Adobe Flash player on a legitimate ticketing website (The Theatre Royal, Bath) and now I can't print anything.  I use Windows 8.1 and IE and Firefox.  I just need to get rid of this sofwtare quickly.  I am not technical.  Do I need to take my computer to a PC shop or can I remove Flash Player easily myself? I had problems with Flash Player several years ago and managed to get rid of it then but can't remember how.  I am very upset and going crazy.  I have complained to the theatre.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find out how to use the Windows CONTROL PANEL to un-install a program

The ONLY place to get Flash Player is https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE on Windows 8.1 and the embedded version cannot be removed (unless you brute force remove it, which is not recommended).  You can uninstall Flash Player NPAPI for Firefox by going to the Control Panel > Installed programs and locating the program, or by downloading the standalone uninstaller.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.  However, I had no previous problems with printing whatsoever since I bought my Sony Vaio laptop about 3 to 4 years ago.  Then I downloaded Flash Player today and immediately I could not print anything.  The printer appeared to be printing but there was nothing on the paper - completely blank.  Whilst I understand from you that Flash Player is embedded in IE and Firefox, I had no problems till the download today - but I did not know Flash Player was embedded.  So, by downloading it when there was already a version embedded in IE and Firefox, has there been some sort of corruption or conflict or could the download have been corrupted or an illegitimate version?  The problem occured immediately and the correlation was totally obvious.

Why won't Adobe let me talk to their engineers?  They must know about this sort of thing, surely.  I have never had to use these communty things - I appreciate your help but it doesn't explain what is actually happening and how I can reverse my error in believing the Flash Player download was legitinate and would work without ptoblems because it was reco9mmended by a professional theatre company.  As I say I am not technical and would not want to do anything complicated to resolve.  But thank you for you comments.  this is all very strange.

If Adobe UK is monitoring this, please get in touch with me to enable me to rid the version of Flash Player that I downloaded and is causing these very serious problems I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employees replying on these forums are members of the Flash Player team, and participate in the forums in between our usual workload..  We are not members of a separate support team.

Flash Player is not embedded in Firefox. If you were using Firefox and the site required Flash Player, then that site is the one that prompted you to install Flash Player on Firefox.

On Windows 8.1 and 10 - since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE (and Edge on Windows 10), there is no way to install Flash Player for IE (and Edge) as an installer does not exist for that platform.

It's highly unlikely that Flash Player is the culprit as it's not related to the printer, nor printer drivers.  You could try updating the printer drivers.

I posted a link to the Flash Player uninstaller in my previous comment.  This will remove the Flash Player you installed, but not any embedded version of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to uninstall. Thank you for your advice. Sorry but I am not used to these sort of forums. I don’t really understand them, but there we are.

I’ll let you know if the uninstall worked (as long as it is easy to do!).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines