Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Settings Doesn't Open

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-  I'm new here so forgive me:

I've been trying to access the flash player settings. I followed the usual steps as in:

1)I went to control panel

2)Found flash player by searching flash player

However when I clicked on it - nothing opened. I right clicked it to bring up the option of 'open' and when I clicked on that, nothing opened. I am trying to access the trusted location settings but without the flash player settings opening, I cannot do that. Does anyone know how to solve this?

*more specific information would be that the game I am playing (ROTMG) is not working on my flash projector - and that in order to fix this I must access the flash player settings.

Flash Version: 28.0.0.137

Browser name: Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Operating System (OS): Windows (Window 10) - updated to fall creator's update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the game in an html page? if yes did you right click on the game -> global settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right clicked and then clicked on global settings however, global settings won't open for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it's beyond my knowledge now and cannot reproduce your issue since I don't have a mac working at home.

Adobe staff will answer soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, let me restate the problem, because this feels like one of those math problems you get in school with a bunch of extra information to make things confusing. 

You've downloaded a Flash-based game on to your local filesystem, and you're trying to run it.  It's prompting you to put it in a trusted folder.  (Do you actually trust this content?  Did you get it off a torrent site?  Do you do anything important with your computer?)

You mention that it's running in the projector, so I'm assuming that there's not actually a browser involved in this scenario, right?  Also, this isn't necessarily a problem with the projector or the game, but that the Flash Player menu in the Windows Control Panel doesn't launch.

lt's really weird that you're not able to launch the Flash Player settings from the Windows control panel.  Flash Player and the control panel app are actually built-in components of IE and Edge, and are installed directly by the operating system.  There's nothing separate to download or install, and we don't actually have control over those files at all.  They're distributed by Microsoft, and updated directly via Windows Update.

So, there aren't a whole lot of possibilities for why the control panel isn't working.  It's either damaged, really old (you're missing recent Windows Updates), or it's probably running, but in a bad state.

First things first, I'd just shut the machine down, let it sit for ~10 seconds, and then power it back up.  This gives the hardware a chance to fully discharge, so you know you're coming back up in a good state.

If the problem persists, then you can use Windows' System File Checker to see if the system files (including Flash) are in a good state:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

If that still doesn't help, I'd run Windows Update manually, and make sure that you have all the latest updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines