• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player settings pop up won't go away

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled flash player as instructed.  Now I have a pop up for Adobe Flash Player Settings on my screen that won't go away. I can't close it or delete it. It is always there.  How can I get rid of this?  It blocks a portion of my screen.  Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Since Flash Player has reached end-of-life, installers are no longer available to download/install.

Uninstalling Smilebox would result in the pop-up no longeer displaying. You can tell if Smilebox is installed by going to:

• Mac: go to the /Applications folder & look for Smilebox
  • Windows:  Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and look for Smilebox

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pop up you're seeing is this:

flash-icon-dekstop.png

It's because some software you have installed requires Flash Player and the software can't find it, so it displays the info warning on the desktop.  You'll need to identify which software it is.  One known such program is Smilebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Perhaps I should install flash player again to see who uses it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I'm seeing. Thanks. Should I install flash player again? I remember seeing Smilebox somewhere on my computer.  I'm sorry if I've posted this too many times in too many places. I'm new to this.  Checked it first in my e-mail and it didn't show the illustration.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Flash Player has reached end-of-life, installers are no longer available to download/install.

Uninstalling Smilebox would result in the pop-up no longeer displaying. You can tell if Smilebox is installed by going to:

• Mac: go to the /Applications folder & look for Smilebox
  • Windows:  Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and look for Smilebox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  I did some reading about Smilebox a few minutes ago.  I definitely will uninstal it.

I appreciate community.  I've been trying to find a way to get rid of the pop up for weeks.  You solved my problem in a few short posts.  Very helpful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines