Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stop installier at 90%

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am trying to upgrade my adobe flash player from version 23,0,0,185 i to version 29.0.0.171. However, the installer stops at 90% and just quits after a while and says "Installation failed. Click Finish for further assistance". As far as I can see I have no anti virus software active. I've tried Safari and Firefox, nothing works.

I would be entirely grateful if someone could help me out.

Many thanks

Stephan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Thank you very much for your help, the problem has been solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mac OS version is this on?

I'll need to obtain the installation log files to troubleshoot further.  Please review the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ and provide the files listed. If you are using the online/shim installer, all 4 files listed are required.  If you're using the offline installer, then only install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log are required.  install.log file is a system log file that logs installation data for various products, and we only require the portion specific to the Flash Player installation. As such, please read through the FAQ and configure your system to obtain the logs for the same installation attempt and then attempt to install Flash Player again.  When the error displays, close out of the installation dialog and gather all the files.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? , or use some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user log on to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

It's El Capitan.

In the meantime I try to get the required files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I suspect you're using the online installer.  If so, try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of teh Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'm afraid there is no such link under that category. I'm unable to find the offline installer on the given page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help, the problem has been solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines