Exit

Flash player stopped to recognize the system microphone one day ago

Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Windows10

Browser: Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78

Flash player: 26.0.0.137

I have been using Rosetta Stone everyday for more than a month without any problem.  Rosetta stone requires the access of microphone in order to continue a course. Yesterday flash player stopped to recognize the system microphone.  I checked the system microphone which is working properly.  I also googled almost everything that might be helpful and did various setting check, etc. but still not working.    Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... I think this is since (and because of) the 60 update in Chrome. Chrome Canary also has the same issue.

The drop down menu's for mic and cam settings are blank for some websites. But others still work. Is this because Flash player is being phased out? Sites that still have a working flash interface/options menu support html5? I'm just guessing?

*edit: The Flash settings still work in Edge or IE... So seems to be a Chrome bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kemengw996  and @Tetrahedron

You both may be encountering the issue described here Re: Flash on chromebook not even showing built-in microphone or camera... HELP.   Please review, especially the comments by staff member jeromiec83223024 .  If it is indeed the same issue, it's an intended change by Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same issue. But the one thing I think is strange is that some sites still work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge is still acting up.  I tried Firefox. It works!!!! I am still in contact with Chrome team. They sent me some setting instruction but no help. I hope they will provide a fix or alternative that replaces flash functions.  Will wait and see.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Current versions of Chrome require that content attempting to access the camera or microphone be served over HTTPS.  Google's goal is to force content providers to protect user privacy, by requiring all camera and microphone streams to be encrypted.  Ultimately, the content provider will need to update their content to work over HTTPS by default, if they would like their service to work on Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.  I tried Edge also.  Flash player was enabled in Edge but Rosetta Stone found the flash player is not compatible with my browser.  Don't know what the problem is.

BTW, I reported the problem to Chrome help team.  Hope to get some explanation and fix for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in Edge you need to give a one time permission per website to play Flash content. (Don't remember how exactly but it is a different setting than the switch in the settings menu) I think the question pops up when u want to 'install the correct version' but not sure.  I did see the same message but somehow got past it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer still works without hickups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

What does " Flash player was enabled in Edge but Rosetta Stone found the flash player is not compatible with my browser." mean?  Microsoft, like most browser vendors, has set Flash Player as click-to-play by default on Edge browser, meaning it's disabled by default and the content must prompt the user to 'allow Flash'.  Please refer to the following documents for assistance:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines