• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player thinks i am in china

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Main Land USA ...north east coast to be exact ...my flash player thinks i am in China ....
it gives me the error "this player is not compatible with your region"

My provider is comcast 

i am on PC 

i am NOT using a VPN 

Can i get some help please? it was working fine yesterday 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, Flash Player running on your machine sends a message to a service running in the cloud.  That service looks at the origin of the request and determines where it originated.  I'm not seeing a flood of these in a way that would suggest that there was a large scale routing problem or something.

I don't know what browser or operating system we're talking about, but there are reasons (none of them good) for why your traffic might be getting routed through another country.

I'd recommend a couple things: 

• Power-cycle your cable modem (and router, if you have a separate one).  This should force the router to get a new IP address from your ISP, and if there was anything bad happening in the router's memory, it's reset now.

• Power-cycle your computer.  This will force it to get a new IP address from your router, and eliminate any potential for transitory issues where the system was caching something that was briefly broken or misconfigured.

• If the problem persists after that, and you're : 

If you're still having problems after that, please reply and I'll walk you through collecting some forensics so that we can better understand what's happening.  I'll also ask around to make sure nobody is aware of something weird happening in the field, but the geolocation techniques we're using are proven at scale, and they've been working well for a long time.

The most benign rationale I can think of is that there was a routing misconfiguration at the global telecomm level (those sometimes happen, but tend to get noticed and corrected very quickly) that was causing your traffic to take a pretty wild route to us, but if there are any cached vestiges of that on your network or machine, rebooting should solve those, so please actually do the reboots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines