• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player uninstall help

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have just downloaded the Flash Player uninstall program and uninstalled Flash Player as instructed including a restart of my Win10 Laptop. Unfortunately when I attempt to delete the contents of this folder as instructed C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash I am unable to delete the contents of this folder as its saying that I do not have permission? Please can anyone offer advice on this? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

The uninstaller does not remove files associatec with the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control, which is what you're seeing.

Microsoft has released an update to remove the IE/Edge embedded version of Flash Player ActiveX Control.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player for more information

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstaller does not remove files associatec with the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control, which is what you're seeing.

Microsoft has released an update to remove the IE/Edge embedded version of Flash Player ActiveX Control.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player for more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  It will not let me delete the files without permission.  I am logged in as administrator.  I tried downloading update 4577586 but it said it is not applicable to my computer.  Is this because I've already deleted Flash from my computer (except for the un-delete-able) files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the right Microsoft update: for the correct Windows version (e.g. 1909, 2004) and the correct architecture (e.g. x86, x64, ARM64)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That was it.  Wrong version. Files are now gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wendy, Please could you tell me how you found the correct update to enable you to delete the Flash file once you had ran the uninstaller? I am running Windows 10 home edition version 2004. Thanks Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I tell which Windows 10 version I have?  It's not in Settings...About.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version should be listed there. See this example image:

• Device specifications --> System type tells you if you have an x86, x64 or arm64 system.
  • Windows specifications --> Versions tells you your version. 

With this information you can go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and download the correct version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I have the x64 2004 Win10 version and according to the download cat I need the x64 1903 onwards update so I will try this tomorrow and report back. Ma y thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou very much for the information on the update Remco, I'll give this a go. Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to say a big thank you. The update for my PC above from Remco was perfect and once installed has removed all traces of the Flash player folder. Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, thanks for the reply. I have followed the link you kindly added in your reply and clicked on the uninstall flash player/windows link folowing this. I have closed all programs and ran the uninstaller which then recommends opening the Flash file and deleting the files within. Unfortunately this will still not allow me to delete the files within this? It is asking for permission to do this? Any ideas? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is from Microsoft, not Adobe.  Any questions regarding the update need to be directed to Microsoft, not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines