• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Uninstall - Not working

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adobe flash player 9 ActiveX installed on the machine. I need to uninstall it and also from the browser for many machines.

I have followed the steps mentioned in the below link but unsuccessful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Also, we apply the MS patch to remove the flash player of the windows version through the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player

The patch is successfully installed but not sure how to verify it actually removed flash from the windows.

Please help me with the way to uninstall the flash player active X and from the browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standalone uninstaller will uninstall Flash Player 9 ActiveX from Windows 7 and below, and Flash Player NPAPI & PPAPI (except for PPAPI embedded in Chrome) on any system.  The uninstaller is posted at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html - note that this does NOT remove any version of Flash Player embedded in the browser by the browser vendor.

As of Windows 8.x, Microsoft embeds the latest version of Flash Player ActiveX in IE and Edge - they do not embed Flash Player 9.  Please contact Microsoft for questions regarding their update, not Adobe.  Adobe is not at all involved in any Microsoft update.  If the update to remove Flash Player is successful you'd no longer be able to play Flash content on IE/Edge and the Flash Player ActiveX entry in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (for 64-bit OS) would be removed,  But again, you'd need to contact Microsoft for questions specific to their update.

Google embeds Flash Player PPAPI plugin in Chrome and will be releasing a version of Chrome that does not have Flash Player PPAPI plugin embedded.  See https://www.chromium.org/flash-roadmap for more information.  If you have further questions regarding Flash Player embedded in Chrome, contact Google for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the information, could you please let me know how to uninstall flash player on Windows 10 machines.

Also how to verify, the uninstallation is successful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the Flash Player ActiveX Control (for IE/Edge) that Microsoft embeds in the browser then it can only be removed using Microsoft's Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player   Note that this is a destructive update.  It'll completely remove the embedded version of Flash Player.  Should you need it again in IE/Edge the only way to get it back is to use a system restore point, or re-install the operating system.

If you're referring to a non-embeded version of Flayer Player, then the Flash Player Uninstaller will remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I was referring to the below which is there in the add/remove program in the windows 10.

Vasanthakumar5E06_0-1606799379679.png

I used the uninstalled.exe which is from the Adobe website and it said adobe flash player is successfully uninstalled, but actually, the ActiveX still exists in the add/remove program. 

Vasanthakumar5E06_1-1606799498531.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this machine was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 it's possible something happened with the update that kept the old non-embedded version present in the Add/Remove Programs.  This is going to be a question for Microsot, not Adobe as the upgrade should have removed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines